Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2006, 06:05 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Lake Havasu city campgrounds

Well I don't see a topic for this anywhere..If there is a place for this move it there. We are starting out our wintering in Lake Havasu city Az. My brother-in -Law who lives there highly recommends prospectors campground and DJ's rv park. Anyone stayed there and are there others you would recommend. The BIL is a fine person but not a camper..that is why I am asking..

Rich& Helen N.Ridgeville,Ohio.

F-350SD, Lariat, V-10,4:30 Diff, tow command Long bed, Crew Cab Dually, 06 3400RL
Mor-Ryde Pin Box

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:29 PM   #2
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Rich,

As previously stated, we have stayed at Havasu Falls RV Resort. Nice, but couldn't get a space, this time, close enough to the rec building to establish a wifi connection, so will be spending 4 months at Crazy Horse, on the island. Should be there in November.

We should get together when we're all down there.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 02:44 PM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Thanks..My brother-in-law lives in Havasu city and has so far recommended D.J rv park and prospectors RV park.Wuill have him take a look at this one.He is a park ranger at one of the state parks.Our problem is we can not come up with a firm leave date out of here..so can not make a reservation....What is the monthly rate at that park.. We looked at the park web site..looks nice but no reference to wifi and no rates..We think we will just go ahead and make a reservation at a C.G in Havasu for the first of Jan???things should be clear by that time...
Old 09-18-2006, 04:51 PM   #4
c5racer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #444
There's a bunch of snowbirds that come South after Christmas.
c5racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:35 PM   #5
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Rich, Lake Havasu is the area we plan as a possible winter spot this year. Depends on what happens in FL prior to Christmas, when we will return to N. MI for our grandkids and Christmas fix...

If nothing pans out in FL, we plan on heading to AZ in early January.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:42 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Fla was our original destination for the winter..but..it has really got expensive in Fla and well a lot of things have changed .Az is still reasonable.. Check out..www.prospectorsresort.com www.djsrvresort.com brother in law lives in Havasu and highly recommends these two also www.crazyhorsecampgrounds.com looks promising
Old 09-19-2006, 07:30 AM   #7
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Richfaa,
The entire area around Lake Havasu can get very busy at the time of year you are planning to be there. While there are a number of parks in the area they tend to fill up quickly and are rather expensive. Of course the current cost of fuel may bring down the number of visitors.... who knows. There is plenty of BLM land ---- even some just north of Lake Havasu ---- for boondocking for a few days. Might give you time to find a park that meets your requirements. Lake Havasu is only about an hour to hour and half away from Quarzsite.

Good luck and hope to meet you somewhere near Q this winter.

Happy travels.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:49 AM   #8
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
If diesel continues to drop, that may help increase traffic to the area, which would be bad for us travelers, who can't - because of circumstances - make specific time comittments yet at these parks...
Old 09-19-2006, 07:53 AM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Being new at this we are not sure what expensive is...Prospectors is 395.00 + elect..Jan, Feb, March DJ's is 365.00 per month +elec. Havasu falls resort 435.00. Islander 435.00 They are not filling up yet.. What is considered "reasonable"
Old 09-27-2006, 03:02 PM   #10
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Hi Rich,

The monthly rates you quoted are pretty good. They work out to be about $12 to $15 per day plus electric. Your electric will probably run you about $2 to $3 per day. Even with the electric those are pretty good rates.

Of course not as reasonable as FREE. But hookups sure are nice.

Sounds like everyone had a great time at Goshen. Wish we could have been there too. Maybe next time. Hope to see you in Quartzsite.

Later, HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:04 PM   #11
M00N1
Established Member

M.O.C. #1624
We stayed in Lake Havasu a couple of years ago and I apologize, I can't think of which park it was that we liked, it was out on the highway a little and there were three on the Island and we stayed in CrazyHorse Rv. I would not recommend it, we did not like it at all.. We went to see the other two and they were very nice,
M00N1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 03:27 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
MOON1..thanks for the heads up on the Crazy Horse campground..What was the major problem with the CH campground...We have already ruled it out because they do not have campground wide wifi..
Old 10-07-2006, 03:17 AM   #13
M00N1
Established Member

M.O.C. #1624
We felt it was not very well looked after, the pool area was parching on the cement (not sure if spelled correctly) and needed to be swept up. Cigarette butts everywhere around the pool. there was a garden along the edge filled with butts, rocks and weeds.
Our spot was really small and was totally dirt. When we got there, there was a bunch of rolled up carpets on the lot and the man across said the people left them there and everyone had patched carpets covering their whole lots (in our section) I will admit, there were some lots in other sections of the park that looked lovely, but on the whole, we were not impressed. It was however, cheaper than the other two parks there. We stayed there as our son jet ski races and in October they hold the world races there and when we were going there, they told us to stay there. They don't stay there, they rent a house, so he really didn't know the state of the park. Down by the water it is lovely. We LOVED Lake Havasu, just didn't care for our spot. the carpets were yucky. I hope I have not offended anyone, just my opinion.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:26 AM   #14
djdecock
Established Member

M.O.C. #3220
We stayed at the Islander for six weeks, two years ago, and found it very nice. It is large and has a lot of activities if you enjoy them. The rent was going to go up by $200 for Jan. and Feb. as those are the busy season so, we moved on January 1 to Havasu Falls Resort for another six weeks. It was full when I called yesterday for Nov. and December. I called the new one called Havasu RV Resort and reserved for Dec. 10-Jan. 10 for us and some friends from ND., we are from Montana. It is $515, which includes electric and WIFI. This is rated 5 stars in the Woodall's new book and can be reached for a wonderful website--Havasurvresort.com. Take the virtual tour. Goodluck!
djdecock
2005 3475RL Montana
2005 Ford 350 Dually Extended Cab Diesel
djdecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 03:42 AM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Thanks both of you for the information.My Brother-in-law who lives in Havasu City recommended the Islander and havasu RV resort highly.Our problem is we do not have a firm leave home date..We may have to take what we can get..
Old 10-07-2006, 10:22 AM   #16
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Well we just spoke to Donna at Havasu Rv resort in lake Havasu City and made reservations for one month starting Jan 1st 07. Just prior to that spoke to my Brother-in -law who is a Ranger at lake Havasu State park, Windsor Beach and he said it is a fairly new park, 3 years old and a good park.. We may be there a bit early and we may stay a bit longer and they said we should have no problems.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:59 AM   #17
M00N1
Established Member

M.O.C. #1624
Enjoy, Lake Havasu is really great. Lots to do and see.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:02 PM   #18
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Thanks everyone for the help.This is our first year snowbirding..we are very excited about our new life adventure and it is really nice to have a family of friends who will help out.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:29 PM   #19
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Rich, I have been following this thread. We just don't know for sure yet. Depends on what happens in FL this Nov/Dec...
Old 10-08-2006, 06:21 AM   #20
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Information on Havasu rv Resort , Lake Havasu City , AZ.It is a 3 year old campground, 515.00 per month includes electric, C.G wide wi fi and hi speed DSL in the club house .Wi fi is included in the monthly charge...50 amp service. They still have openings for Jan and Feb but are fillling up fast.