Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2013, 07:38 AM   #1
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
Making the right decision!

Mu husband Dave was on the phone with someone from Keystone on Friday, June 14th, 2013. Whoever he talked to was waffling about making the roof right on our Montana, (your techs didn't put the nose on all the way and the roofing material has come off and we have substantial water damage to the closet, not to mention the fact that I store my wool sweaters there on the shelf. (Several of them have been damaged and I don't know if they can be fixed-they have mold on them.
We are currently staying in a motel room that we cannot afford. It is not that expensive, we just don't have the extra money to throw on a room that we never should have had to shell out.
We have a dog that is stressed because of having to leave his home, stay in places he is not familiar with and having to ride an elevator up and down to go outside. My husband is also depressed as he feels like Keystone is not willing to take responsibility for the damage and make it right, including reimbursement for the motel room.
The Insurance company is waffling on covering the expense as it is your screw up, which means that we are stuck in this motel room for who knows how much longer. We are also spending money that we do not have on meals as we have no way to cook anything.
I will be calling on Monday, June 17th and I am truly hoping that Keystone will make the right decision and take care of us. We have had no problems in the past that Keystone has not been willing to fix and I am truly hoping that you will do the same now, including reimbursement.
Betsy McNair

labmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Montana has been #1 for something like 11 years and much of that is because they stood up and took ownership of their problems, made them right, and even went the extra mile when needed.

I've been following your travails on this one and believe strongly this is one where Keystone must step up and own up to their responsibility. If they don't, that's more tarnish on their reputation, in my opinion, and certainly will weigh significantly in our future purchase decisions.

Come on, Keystone, these people have been longtime supporters of your company and, particularly, the Montana brand. This is our third Montana (2001, 2003, 2007) and is not Dave and Betsy's first, either. You folks really need to do right by these folks. Many of us are watching to see how you respond. I know we sure are.

I know there is different management at the helm for Montana. I sure hope they take a cue from their predecessors (Jeff Rank and Aram Koltookian) and step up to the plate.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote