Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2007, 03:38 PM   #21
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Pink Solution,, eh? We go to a Costco around here (love that place), I wonder if they carry it? I may have to give that a shot as within two weeks I'll be up there cleaning.

Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:04 PM   #22
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Bruce, Hope your Costco has it but the two Costcos near me only carry it a couple times a year on one of their road shows. The Costco Magazine usually tells what shows are coming up. I have a wood furnace and have been heating with wood for the last 30 years. I think the black spots were wood ash , nothing would touch them except the Pink Solution. I met the Irish lady that invented the stuff, main ingredient is from sea weed. I have no financial interests in the company, just like to share a great natural product that has no cancer causing ingredients. Take care.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:19 PM   #23
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Costco is fairly new to our area, and I've never heard of their road shows, but next trip over there I'll be sure to look for it.
If they don't have it I may try an order online. Our rig has a small tree overhead at home and it's constantly making a mess of the roof that is a bear to clean. If it works you'll be my hero.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:37 PM   #24
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Question for you Don...how much do you think it would take to give the roof a good scrubbing? We have a number of tree stains, most come off, but there's always a few tough ones. I'd rather not use acetone or something similar that is harsh.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:14 PM   #25
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
We buy a 1 gal pail of this stuff every two years or so. The roof took about a cup to do. This stuff is fairly expensive at about 40 bucks Canadian ( 32.00 US ) per gal. but it does a lot of cleaning for the money.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:44 AM   #26
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
Bob Livingston's Maintenance/Repair Book also indicates to use 303 Protectant on a Rubber Roofs. Many "rubber roof" care websites indicate the same. I use 303 Protectant on everything on my trailer and it has so far protected it from stains and provides a good barrier. I spray it on a dust mop and apply it on the side walls and everything else. I use it on my TVs tonneau cover, tires, seats and dash etc. Works great!
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:19 PM   #27
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
I called Dicor customer service and they said that 303 Protectant was OK for the EDPM rubber roofs. I have used it for a couple of yerars and really helps reduce roof stains. When you do get one it cleans ups really easy.
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:36 AM   #28
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
I have a thick enough layer of DIRT on mine to protect it from UV damage

Guess I might try that pink stuff if I can find it.

On edit - the pink stuff website has a retailer locator. They're only Canadian retailers, though - may be a new excuse for a road trip !!
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote