Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2019, 03:31 PM   #21
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Maid service??

CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 04:10 PM   #22
bigred715
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5091
Better quality holdings that you can fill to FULL without busting the seams and better quality furniture. Our furniture lasted for about 9 yrs before fabric started coming apart. More quality control.
bigred715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 04:15 PM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Disk brakes and the IS suspension both of which we have on our 2013 3402 Big Sky. We do a lot of road miles and ths options make the miles easier.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 05:49 PM   #24
Sweetrig
Established Member

M.O.C. #23059
For an upper level 5er my wish kist would be generator prepped, solar prepped, backup camera - installed. Better axle suspension. Decent tank monitors. Improved door locks. Better grasp handle. Updated electronics. Black out shades for the windows and doors. These items should come standard.
Sweetrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 05:52 PM   #25
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
Disk brakes and the IS suspension both of which we have on our 2013 3402 Big Sky. We do a lot of road miles and ths options make the miles easier.
Totally with you on this one. Maybe add better grade of tires as well.

At the very least if it isn't going to be standard, they should offer a safety upgrade package!!! But then again safety should never be an OPTION should it!!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 05:55 PM   #26
team bradfield
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Spohn View Post
I expected the TV to be a "smart" TV and the VCR to be blue ray but both are old school technology. Why have they not used more up to date equipment. These old TVs don't even have connections to hook up other things or use your phone to play movies. With the low cost of electronics anymore you would expect them to not cheep out like this.
Agree, the entertainment system is horrible in our rig

The "Black Pearl"-2017 3731FL Legacy Package
2017 F-450 Platinum, 6.7 PSD
team bradfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:10 PM   #27
whutfles
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17319
I still own a 2010 Mountaineer so I don't have one of the new ones but I do look and there are a couple of things I see that I don't like.

1. The bedroom cable slide. I have 3 hydraulic slides and love them. Some of the slides in the new models are huge. I would prefer hydraulic.

2. The slam latch baggage doors on the garage. I know you are proud of them. But on most models that slam latch garage door on the driver's side is under a large slide out. And the door cannot go straight up and catch against the RV wall when it is open like it can on the door side as it hits the bottom of the bedroom slide. The convenience center is located behind this door. And those of us that have water filtration and water softners do a lot of work out of this door. It is back breaking to stand bent over under this partially open door. The doors on my mountaineer are double doors that hinge on the side and open sideways. And there is room with the doors open to stand under the bedroom slide and stay out of the rain. I would prefer on the new models that at least the garage doors on the driver's side opened sideways.
whutfles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:50 PM   #28
wade
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22358
A good solid structural frame and walls with everything welded no misses and air ride suspension
wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 06:28 AM   #29
Vermonters
Established Member

M.O.C. #13453
Send a message via AIM to Vermonters Send a message via MSN to Vermonters Send a message via Yahoo to Vermonters
Oh my... like Christmas
Disc Brakes Standard along with Sailun Tires and 8K axles
All hydraulic slides
Generator ready, and a place to install a generator
We are buying the best and all the televisions and other equipment should be top of the line
Dimmers on all lights and all lights should be LED, too dark inside
Solar Panel and Satellite ready
Slide out shelving in the storage areas
Someone said it before me, Safety should always be #1 and not an option

Just imagine Keystone if you could boast

Safest RV on the market as a standard equipment package.
Vermonters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:12 AM   #30
gadiy

M.O.C. #20271
Flexibility

Along with what has been said, I would be happy to have them install a good sized electrical box on roof with a raceway for cables and wires that terminated in the most appropriate and flexible location for that rig. This would allow us the ability to mount whatever we wanted for add-on such as solar, cellular or WiFi or nothing and have a good waterproof system. This would also facilitate equipment upgrades as equipment needs to be replaced or upgraded.
It would also be nice to be able to upgrade battery packages so that if you wanted AGM or even Lithium that the battery location and compartment were properly sized and located.
gadiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:57 AM   #31
drsmart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10690
Not so much an option. There's a tank monitor system available that uses a sensor strip on the outside of the tank. It provides an accurate indication of fluid levels from zero to 100%. Stuff inside the tank can't cling to the sensors like the current probes that stick out into the tank and cause false readings. How many decades has this antiquated system been around? How many black tank monitors show 1/3rd, 2/3rds full after draining and flushing?
drsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:13 AM   #32
Rod Spohn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24052
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsmart View Post
Not so much an option. There's a tank monitor system available that uses a sensor strip on the outside of the tank. It provides an accurate indication of fluid levels from zero to 100%. Stuff inside the tank can't cling to the sensors like the current probes that stick out into the tank and cause false readings. How many decades has this antiquated system been around? How many black tank monitors show 1/3rd, 2/3rds full after draining and flushing?
I don't understand the measurements' by thirds. Once you drop below 2/3 you are in the dark until you hit 1/3, that's 1/2 a tank. You go from we're fine to oh crap we need water, or to dump. My old rig was done in 1/4s & made more sense. I do like the idea of a system that goes from Zero to 100%.
Rod Spohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:24 AM   #33
Rod Spohn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24052
Wondering why a lot of these ideas/suggestions aren't at least mentioned by the sales people. You buy a new truck and its all about selling you on all the upgrades. It's a money maker for them. I'm thinking more battery options - Type or quantity. Tire pressure monitors, upgrades electronics etc.. I think the only thing they suggested I buy was the back up observation camera. Maybe it was just the dealer I dealt with !!!!
Rod Spohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:35 AM   #34
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Okay holding tanks. They have upgraded the tanks to one piece tanks. They pointed that out at the factory tour last year.

Tank gauges- Mark Krol mentioned they are in negotiations to upgrade those. So they may be coming. As for backup cameras-- I like the idea of being able to pick a top of the line Furrion 7" observation camera/monitor vs a backup camera with a tiny screen.

I really think disk brakes should standard period. 7K axles on MHC and 8K on Ms

4K smart TVs. Partner with ATT or Verizon to offer a usable plan to go with the wifi/cellular MIFI already included.

AC vents that allow proper air flow (increased number if needed.) Additional return air vents.

Hire Brad. You know him. The guy whose nail gun shoots..... wait for it..... ringed brads.
Instead of bits of wire.
Give Brad enough time so he can adjust his nail gun for the job.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 04:27 PM   #35
Golfmedik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18474
8k axles and disc brakes should be standard. Along with higher rated wheels at #4400..

I would also like for them to put a set of electric/hydraulic jacks near the rear of the longer units to stop the "wiggle" felt in some even though short jack extension and cribbing doesn't help.

TrailAir air bag style pinbox

Better access/panels to the belly from under the rig with something besides coroplast.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:29 PM   #36
team bradfield
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19994
shocks?

The "Black Pearl"-2017 3731FL Legacy Package
2017 F-450 Platinum, 6.7 PSD
team bradfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 06:12 PM   #37
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Spohn View Post
Wondering why a lot of these ideas/suggestions aren't at least mentioned by the sales people. You buy a new truck and its all about selling you on all the upgrades. It's a money maker for them. I'm thinking more battery options - Type or quantity. Tire pressure monitors, upgrades electronics etc.. I think the only thing they suggested I buy was the back up observation camera. Maybe it was just the dealer I dealt with !!!!
EXACTLY!!! They could have easily sold us another 10K in options if we could have included them in the original purchase price instead of out of pocket!!! At the very least you would think they would have an options punch list you could go thru!!!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:25 PM   #38
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
No decals and no paint, would prefer a better paint job from a private shop.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:37 PM   #39
DmaxDually
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14092
This won't be considered an option but I would like to see more attention and uniformity given to how and where the wire bundles and plumbing are run. Plus all models should come with full wiring and plumbing diagrams that also show the locations and runs of the wire bundles and plumbing
Old 07-25-2019, 09:40 PM   #40
DmaxDually
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14092
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
No decals and no paint, would prefer a better paint job from a private shop.
Then they wouldn't be able to hide the mistakes...