Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2018, 03:20 PM   #1
rabbithawk
Established Member

M.O.C. #19816
Tires and suspension and door

First off I am new to posting. We got our 2010 3150 last fall. So far it's been a great 5th wheel. I tow it with a 2002 f250 with air lift Firestone bags. Put a lot of work into the 7.3. I have BFRich 10 ply on it now. The Montana has 14 ply heavy side walls and the Moore Ride suspension blocks and spring shackles with serviceable bushings were put in yesterday. This is the second camper I had to replace the shackles. So if you notice any tire wear I would have them checked
The cabin entry door has an air gap about a foot from the bottom any way to fix it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180420_111456.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	1563  

rabbithawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 06:59 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Welcome to the forum! The air gap is coing to depend on the issue. If it's a worn seal than just replacing the seal will do it. Otherwise it could be anything from a bent hinge to just the button that turns on the light when you come in the door sticking and forcing the door out.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:02 PM   #3
rabbithawk
Established Member

M.O.C. #19816
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
Welcome to the forum! The air gap is coing to depend on the issue. If it's a worn seal than just replacing the seal will do it. Otherwise it could be anything from a bent hinge to just the button that turns on the light when you come in the door sticking and forcing the door out.
Hi the door doesn't stick but from time to time I put grease on the clash plate. The door closes easy most of the time but when the sun comes up the light shows thru in about a foot or so from the bottom of the door for about a16 inch gap
Old 04-22-2018, 08:12 AM   #4
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Welcome aboard. Sounds like you have a decent combo for fun!!

That door - it may have a little twist that you may be able to straighten. Find a long straight edge and place it on the latch side of the door. Then if that checks OK, then use that straight edge on the door frame. It too may have a little kink. The easiest repair is to just scrape the foam door seal off, clean the goo then put some new foam seal on. Most of the big box stores have similar thickness available or if not, McMaster-Carr will for sure https://www.mcmaster.com/#
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:58 PM   #5
rabbithawk
Established Member

M.O.C. #19816
Thanks I'll check it out I think the door is straight so I will check the frame ��

Tags
door side light problem