Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2018, 11:02 AM   #1
lashcraft
Established Member

M.O.C. #22196
HELP! Where's the low point drain on 2019 3820FK

Folks I've been searching stem to stern on this rig for the low point drain and all I find is a 4" hose pigtail hanging from the bottom of the back side of the rig, but now valve anywhere that I can see. Is it hidden behind the undercarriage panels or something? Any insight on this topic is appreciated. As usual, the dealer told me to call back on a week day and schedule an appointment to bring it in. Arrrggg...

lashcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:12 AM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
It is very helpful to know the year and model of your Montana. But I will guess you have a fairly recent year and the low point drains are right there in the right wall of the convenience center. There should be a red and blue line each with a twist valve. Dem be its.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:55 PM   #3
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
lashcraft,

Your 4 in hose at the back is your fresh water tank drain. It just has a screw off cap. If you are trying to winterize there is more involved than simply opening the low point drains. Several good threads here on winterizing.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:38 PM   #4
CarWin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21110
As carl n Susan stated, it will on on your convenience center wall, right hand side as you look into it. Red and Blue lines with silver handled twist valves on them, they also drain thru that floor to the ground.
CarWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 02:17 PM   #5
lashcraft
Established Member

M.O.C. #22196
Thanks everyone for the replies... The small hose hanging down at the back of the trailer is the fresh water drain line I was looking for. Turns out the factory never installed a cap which kept me looking for a valve. When to the hardware store and bought a ball valve and will use it to close that tank from here on. The blue and red pex lines are drains for the plumbing but not the fresh tank, and my aim is to sanitize this tank because we'll be boondocking over the Christmas holiday... Bad timing, but its an adventure.
Old 12-01-2018, 03:06 PM   #6
CarWin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21110
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashcraft View Post
Thanks everyone for the replies... The small hose hanging down at the back of the trailer is the fresh water drain line I was looking for. Turns out the factory never installed a cap which kept me looking for a valve. When to the hardware store and bought a ball valve and will use it to close that tank from here on. The blue and red pex lines are drains for the plumbing but not the fresh tank, and my aim is to sanitize this tank because we'll be boondocking over the Christmas holiday... Bad timing, but its an adventure.

So you wasn't looking for the LOW POINT after all. Glad you found what you wanted anyways!
Old 12-01-2018, 04:48 PM   #7
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Larry-- Are you seriously going to be boondocking over the Christmas Holiday? Sure hope it's in a warmer climate than where you're from! Glad you found your fresh water drain. A lot of the salesmen that sell the units don't even know what it is or where it is. Good luck in your boondocking adventure.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:04 PM   #8
lashcraft
Established Member

M.O.C. #22196
Not really boondocking, but staying in a park in KY whose water is already shut down as are sewers...
Old 12-01-2018, 05:11 PM   #9
CarWin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21110
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashcraft View Post
Not really boondocking, but staying in a park in KY whose water is already shut down as are sewers...
What park, if I may ask? We have wanted to head down your way this summer to check out some of the camping. We live in Central Ohio. What area would you recommend?
Old 12-01-2018, 05:19 PM   #10
lashcraft
Established Member

M.O.C. #22196
We're visiting family for Xmas in northern KY, and http://www.oakcreekcampground.com/ seems the best option for the holidays. No other reccomendations... first time.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:48 AM   #11
psomers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12724
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarWin View Post
What park, if I may ask? We have wanted to head down your way this summer to check out some of the camping. We live in Central Ohio. What area would you recommend?
Don't know what part of Kentucky but when traveling north on I65 we stop at Grandma"s in Shepherdsville just south of Louisville. Nice stop and visit Churchill Downs and Louisville Slugger.
psomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 03:04 PM   #12
IRollman
Established Member

M.O.C. #22976
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarWin View Post
So you wasn't looking for the LOW POINT after all. Glad you found what you wanted anyways!
I just went through the same search and found this post on the forum. Technically, he WAS looking for the low point drain, as was I, for the same reason (sanitizing the fresh water tank). However, what Keystone calls the "low point drain" is a misnomer, and not really the low point. I would expect a "low point" to be able to drain everything, not just the "plumbing" (pipes only), as the OP replied.
IRollman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, fresh water, sanitizing