Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > TIRES, Montana Tires
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2017, 05:18 PM   #21
Preston & Terri
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14645
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth e holman View Post
.... i use Discount tire and they are the largest independent tire dealer in the country.
Whoa, I'm sorry, I just gotta ask what a largest "independent" tire dealer is? A thousand individual separate businesses that carry any tire they want? I used to think that the building with the big GoodYear sign out front and painted all over the wall was an actual GY dealer but just try to get a nationwide road hazard warranty honored unless you are in another "corporate" GY store.
Didn't mean to go off topic but let's just say....I'm skeptical.

Retired FULLTIMERS that Travel & Work -- 2020 3931FB Legacy Edition -- OEM Sailun S637T's -- 2017 F350 DRW, 4.10 axle, 6.7L -- PullRite OE Puck Super-5th 25K hitch -- Dish Network w/ Winegard G2 automatic portable antenna -- 50A Surge Guard portable -- WiFi Ranger Elite -- Blue Streak -- YourBestAddress.com -- RVSA Certified Technician -- The UnBeetable Experience
Preston & Terri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 05:36 PM   #22
Todd727
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19394
I'll move the inside steel wheel from side to side. I rotate the outside dual and the fronts just like any other rotation. The wheels do get turned around, but since they are the same measurements and aluminum it works. However, you will have to deal with cleaning the inside of the wheels, as when you rotate them from front to back, the inside edge becomes the outside edge. I do not dismount the tires. It is a slight hassle to clean them, but if you rotate frequently enough, they don't get too dirty. If you've gone 50 or 60K, they are going to have a lot of brake dust and it will take a bit of effort and time.