Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2016, 03:41 AM   #14
Rainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13378
Send a message via MSN to Rainer
I was fortunate to be one of a group of 6 who got a phenomenal deal to have the Lippert factory team install our 6-point system in Quartzsite in January 2015. I had purchased my Monte in 2013 so I had a couple of years without the automated system.

Here are my opinions after using the system over the past year.

First off, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I get to a site, unhook, and press the autolevel button, and go do whatever else I need to do. In a short time, everything is perfectly level, moreseo that I could ever do manually with a carpenter's level. I then open my slides and I'm ready to enjoy myself.

Do I use anything below the pads? Nope. I used to use those yellow Lego-like blocks, but if I end up in softer soil, it can be a real big hassle getting those thingies out of the dirt/mud. And who in the heck am I saving this unit for? The next owner? Nope. It's for me!

Someone noted that being retired means having all the time in the world to set up one's unit. I disagree. I feel I have less time on my clock, so I don't need to waste it trying to level my rig. Heck, I bought the best truck, the best trailer, added the best add-ons.....can you tell I believe I deserve the bast! You may not agree, but I'm in it for me.
Rainer is offline   Reply With Quote