Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2019, 07:02 AM   #41
fulltilt
Established Member

M.O.C. #16056
Hi bw2
I’m sure not an expert, but Dicor does state that the adhesive must be water based or it will react to the EPDM membrane. They told me directly that being water based the flash off process [curing] works properly only because the chemicals are absorbed by the new substrate [new plywood]. The 901b/a adhesive will not join 2 pieces of EPDM together successfully. That being the case…what adhesive could a person use ?
fulltilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 06:36 PM   #42
fulltilt
Established Member

M.O.C. #16056
Roof Membrane Replacement - AC

Hi Everyone
Today I completed installation of all the devices on the roof, including both AC’s & Sat Dish. I still have to reinstall the gutter extrusions which will then ty down the membrane along the sides & of course, then I have to apply “self-leveling caulking” along all seams & fasteners.
I decided to do some maintenance on both AC’s before I installed them. This included, chemically cleaning both evaporators & both condensers. On the 15K rear unit you can see evaporator plenum insulation which deteriorated & was picked up in the airstream & collected in a few areas of the condenser, along with cottonwood fluff, & lots of dirt ! Both units cleaned up well, I also replaced foam gasketing used to separate conditioned air from unconditioned air, I also reglued several foam gaskets which the glue had dried out & allowed the foam to fall to the bottom of the units, resulting in air bypass. I purchased the foam seal mounting kits from Camco & found that they have made improvements, in particular the foam blocks which maintain clearance between the compressor mounting bolts & the roof as I mentioned in my first couple of posts.
Tomorrow I will wire up the AC’s & a “fantastic fan” that I installed in the bathroom in place of the original skeleton motor unit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P8210070.jpg (227.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg P8210069.jpg (275.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P8210073.jpg (220.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P8220081.jpg (159.5 KB, 0 views)
fulltilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 05:06 AM   #43
psomers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12724
Really looks good. Looks like an excellent job.

Paul Northport,AL W4XH
2013 358 RLT Mountaineer
2008 Silverado Duramax
psomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:33 AM   #44
Last2Die
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22986
WOW !!! You did a great job, dang I should hire you LOL
Last2Die is offline   Reply With Quote