Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Mini Rally. ..... One day at a time

We have been in Fredricksburg, TX for 10 days now and have met up with 10 MOC'ers. It all started with Wes (Snackmaster) and Jan from Kansas that we were able to spend three days with including Easter Dinner. While they were still here our new neighbors came in and it was David and Kathy from Maine(CmdrDewey) The day that they left we got a call from Shirley and Gene (therebeme) that they were in town and lets do lunch. We were so happy to see them and wish them the best in their new See 'Ya. I know they really miss the Montana but at least they don't have to miss the Montana Family. That very same night we got a call from David and Shirley (Padrerw & Countrygirl) and they came over the next morning to see us. Next it was Bob and Jan (bobgay) that were in the area? and drove eight hours to be with us. They got here last night and we had a great dinner togather.

This morning Shirley and David, Bob and Jan and Bill and I met for the day. We spent the entire day doing all kinds of good things and we just now had to say goodbye to David and Shirley but we will spend the day tomorrow with Bob and Jan when we take them to San Antonio. River Walk......Here we come.........

Now how's that for a mini rally??? It has been great. And to think that just two years ago we did not know any of this great family.

Helen

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:54 PM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Helen, what a nice report about spending time with some of our favorite people. We've just spent four days with fellow MOCers Bob and Marg Engisch and will have to part ways regretfully tomorrow. Traveling is fun but it is greatly enhanced by the people we meet and remeet on the road. Tell everyone 'hello' from us!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:00 AM   #3
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
Sounds like the world's getting smaller. It's nice to meet people and new friends on the road.
We look forward to meeting more MOC'ers at the fall rally in Sept.
rvfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:07 AM   #4
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Glad to hear that you will be there Dave and Brenda. It will be great to see you again.

Helen and Bill
Old 04-16-2007, 03:56 PM   #5
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
Well, we had a grand time yesterday with Helen, Bill, David and Shirley visiting Luckenbach ("where ain't nobody feelin' no pain"). Today in San Antonio with Bill and Helen we enjoyed a great Mexican lunch on the Riverwalk. It doesn't get any better than that. Tomorrow we shove off for Oregon. It's been a great three days here around Fredericksburg. Being with good friends makes it all so much more fun.
Bob and Jan
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:04 AM   #6
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Our short trip to Fredricksburg (one day's drive each way) was outstanding! The highlight was the opportunity to meet and enjoy the company of Helen and Bill, and Bob and Jan. "Everybody is somebody" at Luckenbach, but it sure is better to enjoy it with friends (especially if there is a gathering of "Hogs in the Hills"--Harleys Hogs that is.

http://dw4u.net/Hogs.html

Shirley and I even made some special friends among the Hog owners:

http://dw4u.net/NewFriends.html

Now here are our "real friends"--our Montana friends:

http://dw4u.net/MontanaFriends.html

padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:09 AM   #7
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We are glad you made it home safely Shirley and David. We had a great time with you guys.

Safe travels to you and Jan, Bob. Have a super time in Oregon and I hope we meet up somewhere again this summer. As always, we loved having you here.

It is a very lonely morning here with all of our friends gone.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:45 PM   #8
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Helen,
Does life get any better than that?? I also see you are filling in those empty states on your map fairly quickly these days...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:49 PM   #9
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Dave and Brenda, we'll see you next Monday at St Andrews. I have been looking for a hook small enough for shrimp. I want to go fishing and gulf shrimp is my favorite. Does shrimp like worms or crickets for bait?
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:43 PM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
The Fredericksburg, TX, area is one of our favorite places to visit. I think we've been there three times now. Glad to hear you are having a ball! Have you been partying out at Luckenbach yet? Been out to the bat cave at the old railroad tunnel? We have not yet been there when the bats were not gone south.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:13 PM   #11
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
Phil and Gladys, we are here, but the fishing has slowed due to the cold snap we have had for a week. We need some good hot days to turn up the heat. The park is also not as crowded as the past month. Spring Break is over, it will be nice for you.
rvfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:58 AM   #12
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Steve... This is our third time in Fredericksburg too but the first time that we have three weeks to see everything. We have been to Luckenbach twice this time. See Padredw's post and pictures above. I also have pictures on my blog of the bikers and the roosters in the trees. This is a great place during the bluebonnet season.

Today is our day to go to the bat cave. We are not sure if they are back from the south yet or not but I'm hopeing not.