Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2019, 09:41 AM   #1
Sdexte
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24981
Leaky shower

Hi all, I have a 2019 HC 373rd and have recently discovered a small leak behind the housing for the shower on/off handle. I am assuming it is a loose fitting but I do not know how to remove the handle in order to get at the connections. Any help would be appreciated. I have attached a picture of the handle. I did undo the screws holding the white housing to the shower wall but I could not pull it far enough away to check the fittings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DD04C9CB-A42E-4448-A94F-D3D40F2964FE.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	5134  

Sdexte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:11 AM   #2
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
I would imagine there should be a spot to use a Allen wrench somewhere along the circumference of the handle, the whole piece that moves when you select desired temperature. If not my other suggestion would be possibly behind the white cap there may be a nut or screw to loosen and remove.
2018 3920fb 2020 GMC Denali 3500 4x4 Duramax, 10 speed Allison. LB SRW, Firestone air bags with Airlift wireless onboard compressor. Anderson Ultimate Hitch. MX4 folding cover. 50gal titan in bed transfer tank. Onan 6500 lp genset installed by me ! Had: 2 HF 3500 Inverters with Parallel Kit
Last2Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:53 AM   #3
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Get a utility knife or some thin blade and see if that white cap comes off the handle. I suspect there may be a screw under it if no Allen set screw is located.

Mark
Old 12-01-2019, 12:19 PM   #4
Sdexte
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24981
Yeah I took the small white cap off and unscrewed the Phillips screw and I assumed the white plastic grooved cartridge would pull out but it didn’t and I didn’t want to force it and wreck it.
Sdexte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:22 PM   #5
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
The screw should just hold the handle on.

I believe the cartridge screws into the valve.

Mark
Old 12-01-2019, 02:12 PM   #6
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Found the faucet on the Trekwood site. Their photo shows the faucet to be made by Empire. https://www.trekwood.com/products/12...Brushed-Nickel

From there, I found this faucet on Amazon, and I found other sites showing the price for one of these faucets to be anywhere from $25 to almost $40. None of the sites show any repair parts for these faucets, and some even say these have a lifetime warranty to the original owner, for whatever that is worth. https://www.amazon.com/Empire-Faucet...PT4YJR6A1WRQWC

I would suggest just replacing this faucet with a new one, with maybe better quality. If you have removed the screws from the plastic box that the faucet is mounted to, I would also suggest replacing them with stainless steel screws when you reinstall the box, because the screws that are painted white will eventually rust. The faucet may actually be made by American Brass, probably in China, and is just rebranded as Empire. https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Ameri...-p/71-5703.htm
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote