Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2006, 02:27 AM   #1
5rvers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4327
Splendide 2000 Combo Washer & Dryer

Does anyone know if the washer/dryer has a lint trap? DW read the manual and it doesn't mention it. Just wanted to be sure.

Thanks!

5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:44 AM   #2
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
These wonderful little machines do not have lint traps and get rid of the lint automatically.
Once in a while you find a little lint stuck to your Montana's wall under the vent.
The Splendide also balances itself so once you start it up you can almost forget it.
If you asked us what we like the most about our Montana over all our previous Fivers, Donna and I would both say it is the Splendide. We did at least one load a day and these things are so quiet the only time you know they are running is during the spin cycle and my front tripod helps dampen that as well. On our recent 6 week trip we found we had packed way more clothes and towels than we had to because for the last 20 years we had wasted so much time in laundromats.
Beautiful rig you have. I love those 3400s and I like to see you are pulling it with a TV that was made for units that big. I had a 2000 F350 SRW and loved that 7.3 PSD. I got hung with a lemon 6.0 with my 04 F350 . Ford took it back and let me order my 05 V10. So far it's great.
Take care and happy travels.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:52 AM   #3
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Our Splendide 2000 and our previous one have lint traps. It is located right where the vent leaves the machine. It is about 3 1/2 inches wide and 1/2 thick. It pulls straight up.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:55 AM   #4
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
There is also a lint trap in the lower right front. Be prepared for water coming out before the filter!
Check out this web page; http://www.splendide.com/consumer_tips.htm#drain_lint
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:43 PM   #5
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
The Splendide 2000 S that I got put into my 06 Montana is totally automatic. I just got off the phone to customer service because we have done over 50 loads and never had a problem with lint and there are no traps and no mention of cleaning lint. He told me the model I have has a self cleaning pump and most of the lint is washed out. Some lint will also blow out the dryer vent and we have seen a little of that. Customer service for Splendide is 1-800-356-8829.
Your new unit should have the 2000 S . Take care and enjoy your 3400.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:08 PM   #6
5rvers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4327
Thanks everyone for the comments. drhowell, I checked the the link you provided and according to the manual I do not have to do any maintenance on my model(Splendide S)like Wrenchtraveller. Thanks for the link.
5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 03:58 AM   #7
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
I should mention also that I had called customer service about using the dryer sheets in a Splendide. They don't recommend dryer sheets because there is a chance they could find their way into the pump and that's why they want us to use the liquid softener and that is what we are using with good results. We are also using the liquid soap as well.
I am sure lots of people are using dryer sheets with no issues but we are going to follow the manufacturer's advice as we hope to get a lot of years out of this machine.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:10 AM   #8
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Don - I agree, we have followed the recommendations in the manual and use the liquid softener - a little messier than dryer sheets but you get use to it. I use a coffee scoop to measure. We used liquid soap at first but have switched to powered Tide since I have allergies. It seems to be working just fine. Like you we hope to have this great little machine for many years.
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote