Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2011, 07:38 AM   #1
BrokenElbow
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6835
3445 maiden voyage - a few questions

We're on our maiden voyage in the new Monty. I have a few questions:

1. Is there a trick to getting the wall lights behind the master bed working? Neither work now. Am I missing a switch somewhere? The toggle on the lights does nothing. Does this need to go on our fix list for the dealer?
2. The kitchen slide is missaligned slightly. About 1" still showing when closed. I'll add this to the fix list.
3. Why are there two cable outlets on the same plate labled "Satalite" for the living room TV? Is one for cable and the other for Satalite. Which is which?
4. There is a large white switch on the control panel on the wall on the stairway to the bedroom. What does it do? It doesn't seem to control anyting I can see.

The trip is going great so far, we love the 3455 and even though this is our 1st 5er, the TrailerSaver BD3 air hitch with the MorRyde pin box seems to us to be a great combination. I can't imaging a smoother ride.

Thanks for any input.

BrokenElbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:43 AM   #2
WaltandLynne
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10151
Welcome to the forum.

1. Check the breakers (110v). If that's not it be sure they put bulbs in the fixtures. If it's neither of those, put it on the fix list.
4. The large white switch is for the ceiling fan. turn it on and they pull the pull chains for the fan and/or the light and see if that works.

Good luck with your new Montana. Have many happy and safge trips.

Walt
WaltandLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:48 AM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Unless I am mistaken, the lights above the bed are 12V. You need to check the fuses instead of breakers. Those lights have been known to have some wiring issues (ground usually). Remove and replace the bulbs and check the wiring connections at the fixture.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:54 AM   #4
Colorocko

M.O.C. #10074
Ditto on your question of the two jacks on the TV plate. (New Mountaineer 326RLT)
It came with a loop back, short coax that connected both. I am using one, closest to the front, as the feed from the satellitte to my DirectTV receiver. That works fine.
My guess it the other one feeds the bedroom coax jack.

Colorocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:03 AM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
If you have a multimeter, you can get a lot of info on those bedroom lights. I agree, they are 12v circuits. My fuse box has a red LED light over a bad fuse. That big white rocker switch controls my fan and fan light group as has been said.

On your slide, is the 1" all the way around or just one edge? Can't answer about the satellite/cable stuff.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:37 PM   #6
Kimmipuff

M.O.C. #11136
Aren't tose lights on an individual switch on each light?
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BrokenElbow

We're on our maiden voyage in the new Monty. I have a few questions:

1. Is there a trick to getting the wall lights behind the master bed working? Neither work now. Am I missing a switch somewhere? The toggle on the lights does nothing. Does this need to go on our fix list for the dealer?
2. The kitchen slide is missaligned slightly. About 1" still showing when closed. I'll add this to the fix list.
3. Why are there two cable outlets on the same plate labled "Satalite" for the living room TV? Is one for cable and the other for Satalite. Which is which?
4. There is a large white switch on the control panel on the wall on the stairway to the bedroom. What does it do? It doesn't seem to control anyting I can see.

The trip is going great so far, we love the 3455 and even though this is our 1st 5er, the TrailerSaver BD3 air hitch with the MorRyde pin box seems to us to be a great combination. I can't imaging a smoother ride.

Thanks for any input.
Kimmipuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #7
BrokenElbow
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6835
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

Unless I am mistaken, the lights above the bed are 12V. You need to check the fuses instead of breakers. Those lights have been known to have some wiring issues (ground usually). Remove and replace the bulbs and check the wiring connections at the fixture.
Bingo
That got it...bad 15amp fuse. That fuse also knocked out the basement 12v lights and basement 12v socket for the bedroom TV. All better now....thanks folks.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #8
BrokenElbow
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6835
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WaltandLynne

Welcome to the forum.

1. Check the breakers (110v). If that's not it be sure they put bulbs in the fixtures. If it's neither of those, put it on the fix list.
4. The large white switch is for the ceiling fan. turn it on and they pull the pull chains for the fan and/or the light and see if that works.

Good luck with your new Montana. Have many happy and safge trips.

Walt
Thanks Walt...yup, now we have a fan. Thanks
Old 04-14-2011, 07:21 PM   #9
BrokenElbow
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6835
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by stiles watson

If you have a multimeter, you can get a lot of info on those bedroom lights. I agree, they are 12v circuits. My fuse box has a red LED light over a bad fuse. That big white rocker switch controls my fan and fan light group as has been said.

On your slide, is the 1" all the way around or just one edge? Can't answer about the satellite/cable stuff.
It's just on the back side. The front side seems to go in all the way. The slide just seems canted at a very slight angle and the back doesn't go all the way in. Actually, after I found the bad fuse (thanks to help), there are only three things on the dealer fix it list. The blue water drain in the outside control panel doesn't close all the way, the black water flush is not working and the slide is out of adjustment. All else is good so far.