Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2005, 02:14 AM   #1
Sunseekers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #710
Send a message via Yahoo to Sunseekers
Tired of seeing imbedded photos!

Photos imbedded in posting

Is anyone else finding these large photos of themselves or their rigs getting a little old?
Could these photos be limited in size – after all we are going into this site to get information.
IMO it was very nice when we were allowed a small photo to the left of the article which help identify with the writer. I love the information and wish the imbedded photos would show a specific project, new rig or etc. but not be repeated every time the writer posts an article.
I do enjoy the photo gallery when I want to see photos!

Sunseekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 02:25 AM   #2
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
There is an option in your profile that allows you to turn this off. I enjoy seeing other rigs and people that post their photos in their signature.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 03:08 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I sort of like to match a face with a name.Although you may never meet most of the folks on this forum the picture makes it feel as if you have.. IMHO.......although I will admit MY picture is a little scary.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 03:13 AM   #4
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
I agree with Charlie and richfaa. You can turn the signatures off and on whenever you desire to see the pictures.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 03:28 AM   #5
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
I never saw it as a problem, but then again I don't use them.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 03:40 AM   #6
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Rich-
I think that is a very nice picture of you and Helen.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 03:55 AM   #7
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Have to say that when I first joined, seeing the pictures of other members' rigs was very interesting; it was one reason I decided to add one myself. I also like to update it on occasion as we go to different places.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 04:20 AM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
It's the old saying, "Different Strokes For Different Folks"

I personally like the photos as well as the Holiday Greetings within the signatures.

"IMO it was very nice when we were allowed a small photo to the left of the article which help identify with the writer."
They are called avatars and I couldn't agree with you more. But even if I could again have my avatar I would still want my signature photo.

Now as my Christmas gift to you and just for this one time I will be turning my signature off.

Holiday Greetings
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 04:41 AM   #9
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I do like having my photo on my posts but would not mind if it were made somewhat smaller so it does not make each of my posts so long. If anyone knows how to shrink down the size please let me know.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 05:14 AM   #10
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Montana Sky

I do like having my photo on my posts but would not mind if it were made somewhat smaller so it does not make each of my posts so long. If anyone knows how to shrink down the size please let me know.
Use the photo from the Rigs Page.
Here's the photo..

Here's the URL to it..http://tinypic.com/eb7u2v.jpg

If anyone else has a problem resizing their rig's photo feel free to use the photos on the Rigs Pages

A to H I to R S to Z
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 05:15 AM   #11
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
Montana Sky,

If you have a photo program such as Adobe Photo Shop or Picture it Express you can cut/crop the photo to take out the foreground ans sky thay would make it a lot smaller.

I took my photo out mostly because I was bored with it. But like Wordsmith, I was going to put a new one on when I took one that had a nice view. I think jrgwdenner's photo with the glacier in the background should be in the Montana brochure. Makes me want to hookup and hit the road everytime I look at it.

I have a high speed connection, I can see where big pictures and animation may eat up the band width on a slower dial up. So like Glenn says, just disable it.
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 06:41 AM   #12
Sunseekers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #710
Send a message via Yahoo to Sunseekers
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Charlie

There is an option in your profile that allows you to turn this off. I enjoy seeing other rigs and people that post their photos in their signature.
This option you speak of gets rid of all the info about the writer!
I want to see the info on his truck and rig but not the large photo!
Smaller photos would be great!
If there is something I am missing please show me how to do it.
Thanks, Dave
Sunseekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 07:44 AM   #13
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thank you, Sweetfire, for the wonderful compliment of our picture in front of Bear Glacier. I hope you get to visit it someday. It's an awesome spot.

I enjoy seeing the pictures of everyone's rigs, dogs, family, etc., in their signatures but then I'm a nut for photos. There are times when I've tried to make our picture smaller but I just don't get it done correctly.

I'm looking for a new site to post our future photos so if you have a suggestion, maybe you can email me. I loved posting to Blogspot but they don't keep all the pictures on the 'net. Right now I can't refer anyone to our Alaska pictures because they're no longer published.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 10:13 AM   #14
RonS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1316
I dont mind the pictures, but they dont need to be so large. I do not like having to scroll to beable to read the topic or reply.
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 10:44 AM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The program irfanview will allow you to resize photos..It is very easy to use proven by the fact that I can use it/////
Old 12-16-2005, 10:57 AM   #16
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Several months ago, the admin people asked that we limit the size, only I cannot remember what it was. I do know that someone loaded a photo the other day that was 110000 bytes and I was on dial up and it was painful! so, it is not just the size that shows on your screen, but the size by bytes. I was told many moons ago to try to keep photos for internet at 72 dots per inch and about 15000 to 20000 bytes (the top number being the max for those who use phone/dial up connections).

Almost every computer we buy these days has a photo editing program, some are connected to scanning software. Not only will you have a GRAND time fiddling with your photos, let the artist come forth, but you will make your friends happy by learning to use one of these programs. Biggest trick is to remember where you save the reformated and reduced size photo (DON'T SAVE OVER YOUR ORIGINAL!!!!!) I use a seperate directory on my hard drive for such things, titled something like TempScans2005. I do so many of these I have a file for each year.

You can do it! And, like I said, you might find you are having so much fun you won't be able to stop!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:38 PM   #17
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
I enjoy them all, I guess I don't understand the difference between having a photo of your coach and tv versus having one with your temperature etc. If I ever have a good one, I'll add it as well, my coach, of course, not me, it would be impossible to have a good picture of me!!

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:39 PM   #18
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Thank you Glenn for the link. I have updated the pic and I hope it helps in allowing more info and less space taken up by my pic. Sorry for taking up so much space on the forum.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 01:09 PM   #19
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The pic that we posted was our first try and doing this and we tried to keep it about the size of others, It is 43018 bytes and 395 X 262 Pixels...is that to big???????
Old 12-16-2005, 01:42 PM   #20
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
I like the photos and If I had more computer smarts I would post more of my own.
Rich and Helen , you are a great looking couple and you own a 2005 3 valve V10 like I do.
Ever go over to the FTE website and the V10 Forum. Great bunch of people and lot's of ex diesel guys like me . We have a ball. Take care, Don.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote