Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2005, 04:24 AM   #41
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
As an owner of a Montana.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank Jeff Rank for his quick response and concern for these people and taking action.

Its not name Keystone or the Montana name that make it a good company. It is all the PEOPLE like Jeff that can and do make the difference for each and everyone of us.

Thank you to the Montana division of Keystone for their staff that make a positive influence for us.

Thanks to MOC owner, for this board.

Old 11-26-2005, 05:31 AM   #42
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Hear,hear...I'll drink to that uhftx. Great company,Great forum.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 10:41 AM   #43
smc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3125
I agree. Its nice to know there are people out there behind these outfits.
smc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 11:53 AM   #44
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Linda,

Finally get back to the board and you have a fire to talk about!! So happy to hear it was put out before injuries or destruction of you rig.

Here's to getting things back in order in short time and I think we will all be checking this out on our own rigs.

Scary, I tell ya, scary!

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 11:39 AM   #45
pud2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4142
Reading this a bit late but glad to here you are okay. Hope you get it fixed asap and you can be Thankful during this time as i'm sure you are even though it wasn't a good day. God Bless.
pud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 12:04 PM   #46
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Just read this, Linda, but thank goodness that you were there to discover the problem when you did; it could have been so much worse. So glad that both of you are safe!

I will keep both of you in my prayers and hope you get the Montana fixed as soon as possible.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 06:02 AM   #47
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
So what happened with the fire damage?? last post was the letter from Keystone and to call them that Monday..How did they help you????
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 06:27 AM   #48
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
I never got the chance to call Keystone because they called me, talked to Rick explained what had happened. Then on Tuesday he called back with a new phone number and ask if I had pictures. I sent him all the pictures that I put on here. I have not heard anything else from Keystone or the Insurance company. So at this point I am just waiting.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 07:48 AM   #49
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Linda, have you heard anything back yet? If anyone had doubts about whether Keystone reads this forum, I think your post answers that question. They are the reason we still have a Montana.

BJ, good to see you posting again.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 11:15 AM   #50
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
Agree with Steve.....it is a great site to express both our praise and our problems, but it is basically very honest concering issues with our Monty's which we love......Les

Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 12:10 PM   #51
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Steve, I have not heard anything as of yet but I understand that most of the head office was at a meeting of some sort.So I am still waiting, I understand that you had the same thing on your Montana please put something there to protect the hydralic lines from the 12 volt wires rubbing on the frame.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:15 PM   #52
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Linda -

Sorry to hear about your fire, as everyone has said. I am really surprised that you have had to wait from Nov 23 to now without the insurance or Keystone coming to look at your unit. Jeff's response was very nice, but doesn't appear to have gotten any action yet. I will be sure to check my rig when I put the batteries back in this spring.

I am very glad that neither of you were injured and it sounds as if your unit is still habitable. I will certainly pay attention to this thread to see how everything turns out. Best of luck for a blessed holiday season.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 02:56 PM   #53
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
[the way to the fuse box inside,the 12 volt wire is melted inside.

So sorry to hear, but so good that you alerted us to such a serious problem with the wiring. What a scare! We had our bedroom slide hydrolic fluid leak all over underneath the bed trying to bring the slide in, and that could have caused a fire too, if there would have been a spark from those wires. We'll be sure to check those wires on ours when we hook up the batteries again, and head to Florida end of January. Linda, you have been such a help to all of us. You were so helpful when I first signed on to this website, before getting our 3380RL Montana. So thankful that you are OK.
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:14 AM   #54
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Prariepoodle,
Glad to hear the damage was not worse and you guys are safe.
Certainly hope you get some information SOON from your insurance co. as well as Keystone. In my opinion, both have had ample time to respond.
Would you care to mention who your insurance co. is?
Good luck,

Weldon
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 04:58 AM   #55
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I would be a little concerned about not hearing from your insurance company yet. The letter from Keystone was "nice" but since there has been no follow up apparently nice was all is was.The insurance company is the responsible party to pay for the damage.If there are any other "issues" the insurance company is better equipped to deal with them that you are. I am just thinking out loud here..but If I were Keystone's lawyers I would not advise keystone to pay for the repair as that would/ could be viewed as a admission of fault.I would let the insurance company deal with the entire issue...Just my thoughts..There has been plenty of time for action to have been taken..something is not right here...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 10:57 AM   #56
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by prariepoodle

Steve, I have not heard anything as of yet but I understand that most of the head office was at a meeting of some sort.So I am still waiting, I understand that you had the same thing on your Montana please put something there to protect the hydralic lines from the 12 volt wires rubbing on the frame.
Linda, after seeing your pictures I took some foam pipe insulation and put it along the metal edge of that hole to act as insulation. I thank you for your post alerting all of us to this possible problem. I haven't yet read the remainder of this thread but I hope you hear soon from them.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:06 PM   #57
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
wondering if there is an update on this problem yet. I am anxious to know the outcome. I hope that your Christmas present will be a Monty as good as new.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 07:36 AM   #58
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
I understand parts are ordered no set date for work to begin.That would be a wonderful chistmas present or New Years present.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:08 AM   #59
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
Sorry we don't have any details, but just received an email from friends saying that their neighbors' 3400 Montana caught fire in the middle of the night. It was apparently an AC electrical problem. First their fan went out and then the refrig. and then they caught on fire. Was hoping they were MOC and I would find out first hand. If I get more info will post here unless I run across their topic.
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 10:24 AM   #60
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
mobilrvn,
If you talk to your friends again, please send all of our thoughts and prayers from every one of the MOC members to the folks who had the fire.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote