Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2005, 01:52 AM   #1
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Heading ’em up and moving ‘em out!

Well, I am going to give everyone a break from my presence for at least the next week. Marsha, John, and I are leaving for Unicoi SP outside of Helen, Georgia today. Marsha and John will stay until next Monday, when I will bring them back home as their spring break is over then. I have the luxury of heading back up until Friday, when I will have to leave. This ought to give us a good opportunity to check out the Montana AND see if I learned anything while backing the unit at the old Wal–Mart parking lot.

Hopefully, we will get to do a day hike on the Apalachian Trail near Blood Mountain. Stay safe everyone!

Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 04:10 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Have a great time. I'll just bet that sometime in the near future, you are going to figure out the WIFI thing so you won't have to miss out on the MOC as you travel. Will look forward to your post travel posting.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 04:18 AM   #3
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Have a safe and enjoyable trip.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 04:22 AM   #4
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
Now that's what I am talking about - FUN! have a great time.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 07:28 AM   #5
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Have a nice time and enjoy!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 08:05 AM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Have a great time and we'll try to keep things quiet around here so you don't miss anything.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 09:22 AM   #7
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Wordsmith, Unicoi should be great at this time of the year. It is one of our favorite spots, though we have never been there in an RV. Have a wonderful time. I'll see you when you get back from Unicoi and we get back from our Caribbean cruise. That is, I'll see you here on the Forum.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 03:11 PM   #8
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Have a great time. Unicoi is a beautiful park. I think we'll do a little camping next week too.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 02:53 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Wordsmith, hope you folks had an enjoyable trip and didn't get too much of the bad weather. You are probably back by now. How did it go?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 06:50 AM   #10
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
I returned yesterday (Friday), though I brought Marsha and John home on Monday. We had six days of beautiful weather and four of rain and cold; I actually saw a few flakes of snow last Saturday and Thursday night there was a bad storm with hail. The worst part of the trip other than the rain and cold was that I came down with bronchitis and had to go to a doctor near Cleveland. That and the medicine took a bite out of my budget.

We did have a couple of problems with the camper; the hot water heater will not work on electric and I had a bit of a leak around the window right next to the stove in the 3295RK’s slide out section. Other than that, the Montana was excellent. As I was packing up yesterday, I was talking to the couple who were camped next to us. They were in a Avion Savanna, but were taken with the Montana and said that their next unit might well be a Montana. They were struck well by the fact that though our unit was three feet longer that it was close to 2k lighter. I told them they might want to visit MOC for some honest comments about Montanas, but I was happy with ours despite the problems.

As to that leak, it was the first time I saw it, but when I put a towel next to the black rim of the window, trying to staunch the water flow, the screw head there sheared off—rusted through—so this is not a new problem. I pushed on the wall there and it is not punky, but when you look closely, you can see that the silicone where the counter meets the wall has pulled away a bit. Right after I came home yesterday, another heavy rain came through, so I went out to the unit with a towel to clean up the water, but there was none. Might have been how the camper was sitting at Unicoi.

With all of the rain that has hit Georgia of late, I now have a lake in my back yard, so I had to park the Montana in the cul de sac next to the house. Some of this rain can go to where people need it!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote