Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2005, 01:34 PM   #1
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Super Bowl Widow?

Well, now that Paul McCartney is finished with the Half Time Show are there any other Super Bowl windows out there on MOC tonight? Heck are there any Super Bowl Widowers out there too?

It's amazing Sir Paul sounded and played as well as he did when I was a mere child. He's in great shape too!

It also was a much more respectful half time event compared to last year.

Patty

RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 01:54 PM   #2
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Yes, me too. I cannot stand football but usually watch the opening and half time, but not this year. They can't do better than Josh Groban last year at the opening.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 02:14 PM   #3
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Geese are you the only one out there? LOL Also are you Nancy or Roy? I don't remember Josh last year, but I know the openers this year were not impressive at all to me. For those who liked them, no disrespect intended.

This year I am just not into even watching the first half. Had a bowl of soup and watched Half Time. I do miss seeing the commercials though. In the past some of those were just the best.

Patty
Old 02-06-2005, 02:25 PM   #4
Montana_2779
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2779
I'm here to speak for the guys! Cheryl and I are watching the game (OK,OK, Cheryl's reading) out in the Mountaineer.......in the driveway....... New England just went up 21-14, and this may be the most fun I've ever had watching the big game! Cheryl rolled her eyes when I proclaimed this our First Holiday in the RV. I say that the Superbowl is one of the top two or three of America's greatest holidays.......she thinks I need to take a pill of some sort.

What a great vantage I have from the dinette. I have a straight shot at the TV AND I can check the MOC! I sure do love the almost-fulltime life!!
Montana_2779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 02:30 PM   #5
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Pete, LOL I have to agree with Cheryl. Of course Dick would agree totally with you.

I can't wait until we are almost full timing or full timing. When we're in the camper I am also perched at the dining table and watching the TV too.

Patty
Old 02-06-2005, 04:01 PM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I was pleasantly surprised to find a dozen or more MOCers on the forum during the Super Bowl. I commented to Hubby that either there weren't that many Super Bowl fans or there were a lot of MOCers perched in front of the TV with their laptops on their laps. I've been a football widow for 42 years but I've gotten a lot of sewing and quilting done because of it.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 04:09 PM   #7
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Judy -

If there were other teams, probably would have been more watching. Since I have wireless, I can do both. However, got taxes done for one of my sons during the game and worked with some mapping software. Just not that great of game. Patty, did Dick enjoy the game or was he not impressed either? Will be glad when we can watch the game from the Montana. We only have about seven and a half weeks before we can go out to the Montana. We have quite a bit to get done that first weekend. We still need to decide on who we're going to switch to for satellite TV before then so we aren't paying cable and satellite like last summer.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 04:12 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Pete and Cheryl, loved your website! Which of the people in the pictures are you two?

By the way, having spent some time in the Navy in San Diego, and seen seagulls at their "best" while I was in bootcamp, I'm not exactly a seagull fan. But your pictures are amazing! Also, I could never understand how seagulls sometimes showed up at our lakes in Kansas.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 04:13 PM   #9
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Patty ... I agree with you, I could watch Sir Paul all night long!

Pete ... you need to learn to balance your laptop on your lap. Steve only uses the desk now when he's doing the budget stuff (unfortunately, I can't far enough away when he's doing that ... it always makes him grouchy). And I agree with Cheryl, but I think therapy might be in order as well.

After Sir Paul, I spent the evening trying to find a campground where we can take granddaughters #1 and 2 next month. This is proving to be a challenge ... either not open soon enough or waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too pricey!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 04:25 PM   #10
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Vicki, What area are you looking at for the campground? Maybe we all can help. Judy
Old 02-06-2005, 04:40 PM   #11
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
Boy, do I agree with you all about Sir Paul - he could have stayed on and forgotten the football game.

Safe travels.
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 01:52 AM   #12
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Judy ... The girls live in Springfield, Virginia (near DC) and after being as close to the beach as we've been here (Tybee Island, GA), I was hoping to find something on Chesapeake Bay. Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 03:27 AM   #13
Montana_2779
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2779
On "Sir Paul"-- The ironies of life. The morning crew on the "New Alternative Rock Station" here in Houston couldn't stop badmouthing McCartney's "boring" show. Next pre-set over is the "Classic Rock" station. They couldn't quit gushing over McCartney's wonderful performance........and Cheryl thinks I need a pill........I'd have to say that Clear Channel is a bit bipolar....

Web site-- Thanks a million to those of you who check it out! Didn't realize that I was catching so many views! Cheryl isn't on there, this time. The only photo of me is at the beach house party. I'm the bass player (dressed in white, sitting on an amp).

We actually turned around and drove back a couple of miles to get the seagull pics. I'm with Steve on the seagulls. Always thought that they were beautiful, sleek birds. Then I learned....one of my apartments in San Francisco overlooked the roof of the next building. One morning I awoke, stretched and looked out the window for the beautiful view I had come to love. Unfortunately, there on the roof next door, a seagull was gutting a pigeon. I knew they would eat just about anything.....but this seemed a bit "Wild Kingdom" for 7am!

I change the pics on the site every 2-4 weeks, depending on available material. Neither Cheryl nor I are much for having pics taken. We like being behind the camera. I'll throw in a couple of pics of us on the next update. We're planning on a trip during President's Day weekend. Look for an update the week after. I normally send out an email to friends and family when I update the site. If you'd like to get on that list, please feel free to drop me a line at petealford@yahoo.com , and I'll add you to the address list.

Normally Cheryl has the dinnette and I balance the laptop in....well....my laptop. As Cheryl was "reading" (through her eyelids) on the couch (thanks, Montana, for the best couch we ever owned!), I figured I'd sit at the CFO's station and see what it was like to be in the power seat. (come on, fellas, we all know who runs the world!!)
Old 02-07-2005, 03:43 AM   #14
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Roy rarely does any postings, so I should probably change our screen name. He does read them all, however, so he does his part.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 04:48 AM   #15
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
So we have a bass player...is that the beginning of a jam session at the rally? Nice pictures, Pete. And it looks like a beautiful kitty found you. We were adopted by an orange tabby about 4 years ago but he doesn't like to travel. Sure does like to explore the Monty though.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:52 AM   #16
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Vicki, we used to live in Springfield....eons ago. The girls might enjoy Chincoteague where the wild ponies are. There was a children's book written about one of the ponies. It's about 180 miles from Springfield but I remember a nice campground there, at least it was nice at the time. There are beautiful beaches in the area, too, just can't remember their names.

Nancy, Glen doesn't post at all either, doesn't even read the forum. He has his "secretary" to keep him informed.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:58 AM   #17
Montana_2779
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2779
If we make the Rally, I'll have my bass and PA gear on hand. (we're pretty iffy on the rally-- Cheryl will be starting a new job here at work in a month or so, and we're pretty sure it's gonna severely limit our lengths of vacation this year).

This one is an outside pet, ONLY! We've reduced the indoor pets to a box turtle. Turtles don't shed, and they only poop once a week. Best darned pets EVER! That being said, the cat DID get a Taj Mahal in the back yard and is up for adoption to a good home.