Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2005, 10:57 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Shopping is dangerous

First, I think we need a new catagory. Maybe call it "Computers and other techy stuff". So until we get one, I'll just post here. I know, I know, there are other forums that specialize in computeristic verbage, but they are, for the most part, not Montana folk, not family. Sometimes they talk funny, you know.

Anyway, I was gonna take my desk top HP (a fine little machine) on the road. Well, you guys or ya'll, depending on what part of the country you are from, got me to thinkin' about GPS and computer in the truck. I was havin' a hard time figurin' how I was gonna set that HP CPU between th' seats and where I was gonna put that 17" flat screen. And bein' th' genius that I am, I decided that it wouldn't work 'cause Dianna would get tired of holdin' the screen in her lap.

Soooo, I shopped -- bad mistake -- found a Fujitsu N6010-261 and it fluttered it's graphics at me. It sucked me in with all the passion of a 16 boy on his first date. Well, maybe not. This isn't one of the feather weight notebooks with it's 17" absolutely fantastic screen. It is called a desktop replacement. It will do everything but wash dishes.

I got so interested in writing about the great event that I forgot my question.....Later.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 11:47 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Stiles, is the one on the left at this link the one you got?
http://webshop.fujitsupc.com/fpc/Eco...n.do?series=N6

I had to go looking since it sounds like something I wasn't aware of. Looks like a really nice (well, it looks like a laptop anyhow) but is a very nice unit. Congratulations! It took me awhile but I really like the widescreen on my laptop and am sure you are going to enjoy it as well.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 11:54 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Do you mean this one???
Fujitsu Computer Systems - Notebooks

If it is I would be just as excited iffn it was mine.

It will do everything but wash dishes. But I also noted it won't bake a pie either.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 11:55 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Steve, like I said "All Great Minds................
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 12:43 PM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
You guys found it!!! Yes, it is the one on the left of the three listed. SWOON!!
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 03:08 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
What can I say, Glenn??!!

Stiles, I agree with Glenn. Hope you're having a ball playing with it and learning all about it. By the way, if you have any trouble getting into the forum with the new one, don't forget to enable cookies for forumco.com.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 06:48 AM   #7
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
Nice machine! I would have recommended my laptop as a possible alternative (Toshiba Satellite with 17" screen) but as it has been in "tech hospital" for over a month I am a little hesitant to recommend the company until they come up with a healthy machine again. It went in for a minor warranty job and came back damaged badly and unusable (maybe the courier, maybe not but, unlike with the Keystone people, it should not be my job to fight for a working machine).

Enjoy the new baby!
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 01:08 PM   #8
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
I have the Toshiba Satellite T30 (Centrino) and love it so far BUT I'm going to have to see if I can get it to do the dishes. Ever since I've retired Glenda (still working) seems to think those dishes belong to me!!! Hurry up golf season..

Chester is offline   Reply With Quote