Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2008, 08:32 AM   #1
kerry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7125
NEED HELP WITH HEAT

The heat build up in the entertainment center gets pretty hot. I remember reading, but can't find, how some people have added fans, and or vents to help the heat build up problem. Anyone remember or corrected the problem. Someone had pictures. My entertainment is in a 340 Big Sky, or same as a 3400 Montana, with a fire place. It really gets hot if the fireplace is on. Any help, thoughts, or ideas on the subject would be appreciated. Thanks, Kerry

kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:50 AM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
When we hook up and I plug everything in, and I have switcher, Satellite, Blue Ray DVD in that space, I leave the doors open about 3 inches. Fans will not help unless you have a way to ventilate. I had thought of putting a computer fan in the desk wall to pull air out, but it's just a thought at this stage.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:35 PM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Our 340RLQ entertainment center holds the DVD, a HDDVR, the Hughes modem, the wireless router, and a 900 watt AC unit. I do as Wayne does, leave the right door open. I want to do the computer fan thing but hate cutting a 4 inch hole in the side of the cabinet, so it stays as is... Dave and Betsy P.S. the APC runs it all including the tv for about an hour after the power goes off.
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:42 PM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I have added a 4 inch computer fan to our unit. It is freestanding right now until I can find some Speaker grill cloth to mount it to the side of the ent center. I plugged it into the "switched" plug of our Yamaha receiver and it turns on and off automatically when the receiver is turned on or off. I do leave the doors open when watching TV also and use the fan in the exhaust mode.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote