Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Drip, drip, drip...do you have this too???

Folks,
Noticed water around the base of our corner shower today. DW likes to find things for DH to do!?
Ok, DW is off hook, she done good, found cracked plastic in faucet diverter for shower head feed. Bought new one, installed, now being the paranoid person I am...monitoring this post fix and well its still getting wet after using the shower!!!
Appears to me that the backside of the faucet is not water-tight so if any showering goes behind faucet it can make its way under the tub shower unit via the hot and cold connections...not alot but its still happening.
Fix 1 would be to seal the two connections and not worry about the water accumulation in the faucet assembly...yuk!
Fix 2 needs to be developed, possibly fill this thing with spray foam? That should fill the cavity??
Thoughts, fixes, solutions???

noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Just watch which one of the spray in foams you use! I grabbed the wrong can once at my sister-in-laws mobile home to seal off a vent area I removed and guess what-- the sun hit the end of the trailer that afternoon and I had snakes of foam coming out of the screw holes and around the sheet metal I put on the outside to seal the hole becasue it had not expanded completely until the sun hit it. Luckily, it went outside instead of inside - no evidence at all inside. All I had to do is trim away the snakes and excess outside the unit then take the screws out and trim off the foam in the space and put the cover and screws back on. There are two kinds-- made for around doors and windows for insulating and not expanding to much and the other that fills in holes and REALLY expands.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 05:54 AM   #3
crandallbradley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5044
I had problems with my shower leaking. I found water was leaking from under the fauset(not sure about the spelling)where it sits on the tub along with the water pipes not being tight enough.
crandallbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:19 AM   #4
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
That spray foam is not necessarily water or mold resistant. It oould create a mold problem if it gets wet.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 02:49 PM   #5
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Hmmm, trying to keep the water from going inside the faucet as it is clearly not made to have the shower spray drench it. It is the exact same configuration that came out which had a crack in the diverter actuator. Well, we filled the insides with door/window foam...I'm hoping it doesn't become a problem.
Chuck
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote