Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2005, 01:22 PM   #1
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Heat and coming long trip

Hi all:

We leave in one week for a pretty long and much anticipated trip through the southwest and into South Dakota. With the heat wave etc. I have taken the following precautions.
Doran tire monitoring system.
Will be monitoring daily air pressure in tires with system. We have a 335rlbs with 15" load rated D tires. I just had the unit in with a minor brake issue and the dealer checked and found a magnet with a bare wire and then replaced all 4 magnets as couple of others showing similar issue. This with only 400 miles on unit.
I intend to travel between 55-60 mph where possible. Looking to start out early 7-7:30 on the driving days. Many are short 250-300 miles but there are a few at 400-450. We will stop every couple of hours to take a stretch and also give the tires a break.
I hope I am correct that if temperatures in the tires and the road become an issue I would see climbing pressure readings in the tires.
Any additional tips I can take to be safe and trouble free as possible?
RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote