Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #1
hickory
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13170
Dealer info

Hello-- New members from Jeffeson,WI. soon to be fulltimers. We're looking at making a purchase from Lakeshore RV Center in Muskegon, MI. and are wondering if any of you have any experiences with them that you could share, pro or con , good or bad.. thanks, Dick

hickory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
al-an
Established Member

M.O.C. #9719
Hi
We purchased our camper from them and were very pleased with everyone there. We worked with Bob. We spent the night on the lot to check everything out. We felt they were very accomadating, and took care of all of our conserns.We got ours in Oct. 2009. We are still happy.
Julie and Ken
al-an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
Dixiedawg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9927
We purchased our previous 2010 Mountaineer from them and we got a good deal. Montana Bob was very easy to deal with. We stayed overnight in the campground to see that everything worked. We ordered a generator and when we looked in the front compartment there was the generator prep work done but no generator! They arranged for us to go to Onan outside of Goshen and they put one in the next morning. The PDI took a couple of hours, but you need to go through the PDI checklist to be prepared to ask lots of questions. They responded quickly to minor discrepancies found during PDI and the next morning after spending the night in the RV. Overall we had a very positive experience. Feel free to PM us if you have further questions.
Dixiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:11 AM   #4
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
I don't usually post bad experiences like this but this one got to me pretty good. I tried to deal with them a couple yrs ago. Went to look at a Montana there and looked at a couple other units. After looking thru there units without a salesman even showing up (which actually is ok with me, no pressure)we went inside to check on the price of the unit we were interested in. We stood in there sales area for approx. 15 min. and no one even said a thing to us, in the mean time we were directly in front of a sales person and he just ignored us all the while. Finally he came out and we talked and got the price of the unit from him. I said ok, I'm interested but what can we do with that price because I wanted the unit. He told me thats the price and like it or leave it!! Now you never pay the first price for a unit there is always room for negotiations. He come across to me as he didn't think I was a bit serious and I was just taking up his time. So as anybody would we got up and left.

We left there and went to the Lansing Mi area and seen that Gellette RV Sales was selling them models so we went there. We were told that they didn't have the particular model we were inquiring about but said they would be getting them in. I got comfortable talking with this salesman and told him about our experience with Lakeside RV and he thought that to be very strange. He said hold on let me make a call. He came back and said I can have that unit here tomorrow morning if you would like to deal on it. Come to find out that Lakeside and Gellette are owned by the same person. We came up with a deal, he had the unit there the next day and we did a pre PDI on it just to get everyone on the same page and had a fairly good experience with them. Talking with the salesman that next day and he told me that he was told by the owners that weren't happy with him stealing the sale from Lakeside. I said I want to talk to the owner right now. Well I talked with the owners son that was in charge of Gellette Sales and told him he in no way stole a thing that the salesperson at Lakeside blew the sale. I also told him what happened there and what I thought to be the reason. I always go to make a purchase like this in blue jeans and a t-shirt. He looked at me and just came to the assumption that I wasn't serious.

And this is one of the reasons I ended up with a SOB because I went to Lakeside actually prepared to buy a RL3400 because I was told they were excellent to deal with. This was NOT my experience with them!!

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
woodman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12256
We're from WI. We just purchased a Montana from Lakeshore RV. I have researched dealers far beyond what most do and without question, I would recommend Bob Woodard at Lakeshore RV. I've been in contact with Bob for over a year via email and by phone asking questions and gaining knowledge. There was never any pressure, but he was always informative and professional. He's very knowledgeable about the product, and has an enormous amount of experience, in fact, I think he's got a better pulse on Montana than some Montana reps. We eventually showed up at the dealership and they let us alone while we spent the time looking at various Montana models. We priced several other dealerships in the Michigan area and they were all reasonably close. Lloyd Bridges is also competitive in pricing, but they wouldn't store the vehicle until we picked it up in spring. Dealerships in WI and Illinois were over priced and often, I knew more about Montana, it's models, and how they were built than did the salespeople. That's our experience.
woodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #6
hickory
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13170
Thank you all for the replies. We just bought a 3400rl from Bob last night, but won't pick it up until probably mid or late March, depending on weather conditions.We feel Bob gave us a good deal. We actually bought a 2013 for less than a new 2012 we were dealing on at another dealership.We'll be pulling it with an almost new 2011 F-350 ex.cab SRW, 6.7L. I just can hardly wait!!!!!!!!!!!
hickory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #7
Dixiedawg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9927
Great and understand your enthusiasm and excitement. Having dealt with Bob I'm not surprised you got a great deal. Keep us posted.
Dixiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote