Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2008, 12:26 PM   #1
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Electrical Prowess

Well, I am turning into quite the electrician (not!). However, I did change out the small light switch for the kitchen that is in the main panel, Plus I added patio lights and actually installed an inline on/off switch. As most of you know, electricity is not my strong suit. DW was very proud that I didn't electrocute myself or blow any breakers or those pretty colored fusey things. Saved some money by NOT having a house call. Sorry OZZ, I'm gaining on you. lol

Next week I will try installing a "auto resetting circuit breaker" for the landing gear, 30 amp, or course.......and life goes on.....

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:36 PM   #2
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Phil, Tell Cathy that installing the 30 amp breaker will be about 3 beer job. Now all you have to do is plan it while she is gone, should give you about about an hour and twenty minutes of time to enjoy the beer.

Bob
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:26 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Tell her how dangerous it is and that she should have all your insurances up to date. Then, pull the electrical cord on the Monty out of the pedestal and do the electrical work. Drink beer so you sweat! When finished tell her what a hard job it was and how proud of you she should be.

Then sit back and tell her how tired you are and that you need to rest for the remainder of the day. (start early)
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:09 PM   #4
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Quote:
quote:exav8tr Posted - Nov 13 2008 : 7:26:08 PM
...Next week I will try installing a "auto resetting circuit breaker" for the landing gear, 30 amp, or course.......and life goes on.....
Phil, I need to do that. Are you using two 30 amp circuits breakers in parallel? Any other parts? Could you take some pix of your work?(Ozz does - LOL)

Did you have your surgery yet? Hope all went well.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:00 AM   #5
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Don, the CB I got was a blade type that plugs into the existing holder. I am having second thoughts about changing it out yet as I have had no problems with it to date (18 mos, knock on wood). Maybe wait until it goes. I have no idea what "in parallel" means, but was only planning on installing the one.

No surgery yet, Podiatry appointment on the 19th to see what the expert says...Thanks for asking....

Phil
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:30 PM   #6
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Sorry, I was thinking about in-line circuit breakers for the slideout pump. My single CB is getting weak - stops in the middle of opening or closing. I have to let up on the switch for 10-15 seconds and then start again.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote