Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2018, 09:47 AM   #21
lensnel
Established Member

M.O.C. #21583
Welcome! I also have a Chevy 2500. Mine is a 2015 diesel. I contacted GM to ask what the differences are between the 2500 and 3500. It is only an additional set of springs to support the additional weight otherwise they are identical. So, I installed (they cost $400.) a set of Firestone airbags, which provide additional support for the tongue weight. Pumped up with 45 lbs, it made a real difference in the ride and handling of the total rig. Check out this site: http://fifthwheelst.com/how_much_can..._tow_2014.html.

Old 05-19-2018, 12:27 PM   #22
Alf33
Established Member

M.O.C. #21780
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuilderBob View Post
Welcome to the MOC family Ed & Lu! from Washington ST this is a great place to learn all about your new 5er and ask questions about it we are here to help in any way we can so start asking.

Bob & Carol
Washington St
2017 HC HM352RL 2008 Dodge 3500 DRW CC LB 4x4

Happy Trails
Thanks Bob and Carol ok so here is my first question lol I said it needs some minor repair here is the biggest problem any ideas how to fix this roof? Other than replace it lol we need a $500.00 fix. IDEAS?[
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	80172.40.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	1643  
Alf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:29 PM   #23
Kyle and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21685
Congrats and welcome to the forum.
Kyle and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:59 PM   #24
Alf33
Established Member

M.O.C. #21780
Thanks There is a Galley Drain ?? lool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
Welcome to the site. I have a 03 3280 RL
We just love it. I have owned it for 2 years and so far have towed it about 26,000 miles. So far my rig has been trouble free except for a controller for the pilot light on the fridge. it was a simple fix. I also got rid of the sewer hose on the front of my rig and installed a bigger one to fit the larger Rhino hose setup. You will need that hose system for the sewer draining. I also have one of those step down hose supports. Here are some links to things you will need.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Andersen-...ling/191135730

I got one like this not this particular one but the one under there won't fit the newer hose. Had to improvise my install. I drilled into the bottom wall that hangs down and used some long bolts and covered them with some 1/4 inch copper tube to dress it up. The frame under the rig hangs down from the walls a couple inches. So when you put the tube under there you will have to make up the difference . You will see what i am talking about when you get your setup.

https://www.thefitrv.com/rv-tips/bes...he-super-tube/

Here is the newer hose I have 2 hoses total length 20 ' I have used both at the same time.

https://www.ebay.com/bhp/rv-sewer-hose-rhinoflex

You also need a serge protector. I got this one. Not cheap but it will protect your RV

https://www.amazon.com/Progressive-I.../dp/B002UC2UB8

I also use a pocket hose for my water believe it or not. Some folks may not recommend it but i have only experienced one leak so far and it was minor. They dont take up much space and are easy to handle. If you are going to park it and live in it than I would get the white hose otherwise the pocket hose is the best. I like the 25' ones but cant seem to find them as cheap as they were. Maybe able to order then from the TV. But you can find 50' ones everywhere.

Dont forget the filter for the water hose. I woudn't hook up without one. You can get them at any RV store or order them online from Camping World.

There are many more things to get for your rig including replacing the TV that came with your 5er. LOL

GALLEY TANK DRAIN. Handle is between the rear tires on frame rails Hard to see but it's there. Be careful as last guy may have never drained it like the people that owned mine LOL . I have figured out many things since i have owned my rig.

Remember you have 2 power supplies inside the rv. One is 12 volt and some 110.
A 30 amp service will be fine for your electrical hookup. I only have one A/C unit and 30 amp spaces are cheaper than 50 amp

Have fun RVing.
Thanks for a;l; the information So I can get a 30 amp cord with an adaptor I dont need a 50 amp? Also you mentioned..a Galley Drain? where is that handle located on which side of the Trailer? Thanks for all the information you sent I would never have thought of the current protector Any oideas about my roof I put up a picture
Ed
Alf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:08 AM   #25
The Bone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17521
You need a 50 amp cord because sometimes they don't have a 30 amp spot for you. You get adapters for the cord. I have a tote for my cord and coil it up in the tote to keep the dirt and junk out of the storage compartment.

Galley handle is on the same side as the hookups. Left side. Hard to see its aluminum .

I see the pictures of the roof and not sure that can be fixed. Your AC unit has to be removed looks like to me.

Let me know how the roof repair goes. I may need to replace mine soon. I do want a newer unit but mine is in such good shape inside I just have to keep it.
The Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:33 AM   #26
dannyrver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9072
Welcome! From Mt Holly NC
dannyrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 03:30 PM   #27
dennis hogan
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17659
As stated earlier TIRES. Spend the few extra $ and get piece of mind while traveling down the road to your next journey.
Also with the summer heat coming on ( already have the feel like temp. in TX. of 105 )
Go to lowes or home depot in the insulation dept. they sell rolls of insulation just like what most people use for there windshield of there truck. I also bought the silver insulation tape. Just figure what size fit's your window best and cut to fit. wherever I need to use it I just slide it between the window and the curtin. WOW what a difference
Happy camping..
Cannon Ball Express Train air Horn 185dB
dennis hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:39 PM   #28
JerLinR1
Established Member

M.O.C. #19952
I pray that you and your wife Lu continue to enjoy this RV for many, many years to come.
JerLinR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 05:49 PM   #29
Arizonacouple
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15914
Hi Ed & Lu. Welcome to the family. We are volunteers for Lake Havasu City but we just left to summer in northern climes. We will be back in October at Site Six then moving over to London Bridge Beach in January.

One of our highlights of the year is the Montana Rally in Goshen, Indiana. If you folks can make it there in September (see posting in Rally section for registration) You will meet new friends and get to tour the Montana factory, have a real home-cooked Amish dinner.
Good luck with your rig, safe travels and hopefully we can connect in October or so.

Peter & Chris
Arizonacouple is offline   Reply With Quote