Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2017, 04:17 PM   #1
drjjj
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5757
Need new lens and water system question

Have a 2007 3400RL we are in the process of doing significant "upgrades" to start using it a lot since I retired at the end of 2016. I want to change out all of the bulbs that I can to LED's for less heat and improved performance. In the process of "inventorying" what I need the lens on the outside light on the front of the trailer broke in my hands during removal. The lens is approximately 5x2&1/4 inches and uses a 1003 bulb. Any advice on where to obtain a replacement lens?
In my convenience center there are two small "valves" that are connected to two clear water lines. I have assumed that they have something to do with draining the system? Looking at the valves, should they be set to be all the way clockwise or counterclockwise? What is their function?
Last and not least, for those of you that own this model, does it have two gray tanks or just one? I seem to remember someone telling me that it has two gray tanks and I cannot find but one grey tank drain valve. TIA.

drjjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 05:09 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
On the two valves, it sounds like you are describing your low point hot and cold water drains. Mine are closed when they are perpendicular to the direction of the pipe, but you'll know pretty quick when you pressurize the system if they are open. If your model has a second grey tank the dump valve will be coming thru the frame just a little in front of the 1st tire on the street side.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:19 AM   #3
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
DQ is correct--JJ's rig has 2 grey tanks--one for the bathroom and one for the kitchen. The Kitchen drain control handle is virtually hidden--look carefully near the tires. Only limited advice on the broken lens--check using a search on the web or go by the RV store on Austin Highway in SA--they have a very helpful staff.
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:23 AM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I just replaced the lens for the porch light on my 2007 3075RL last year. It is the same as the front one, except amber instead of clear. And I had a heck of a time finding the right lens. After a lot of googling I finally found the replacement. And now I can't remember where I ended up ordering it from. I will see if I can find where I bought it. I can tell you the Bargman is not the right lens.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:27 AM   #5
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I am thinking this is the correct lens. Shown as amber, but listed as clear. A brand name you never hear of relating to RVs. But measure carefully and look at your locking tabs. It has to be the right size and 4 tabs to work if it is like mine.

https://www.amazon.com/Fasteners-Unl.../dp/B000BRFST0
Old 02-20-2017, 09:52 AM   #6
fatcatzzz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14438
What timandsusan said. Third drain valve is between tires on frame.
fatcatzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 12:08 PM   #7
drjjj
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5757
Found the lever for the other gray tank, thanks. The lens looks correct, but am still unsure. Any response about the levers on the two water "tubes" in the convenience center?
drjjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:12 PM   #8
fatcatzzz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14438
They are low point drains (hot & cold). As to the right position, righty tighty (clockwise) lefty loosey (counter clockwise). If in doubt, pressurize water system then open valve to see water come out. Keep closed until time to drain system, (winterize, etc.).
fatcatzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:15 PM   #9
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Agree with keeping them, low point drains, closed. If you have your pump on or are connected to city water and the valves are open, water will come shooting out.

When I am winterizing, the first thing I do after setting up the antifreeze jug and turning on the pump is open one low point drain to get antifreeze flow established and in that section of piping. As soon as I see antifreeze, I close that valve and open the other. When I again see antifreeze, I close that valve and proceed to the faucets.

If you google Fasteners Unlimited replacement lens, you can find multiple sources, some showing the lens without the complete fixture and give a better view of it.