Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2011, 11:23 AM   #1
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
3750FL Owners - Entry door cabinet

The cupboard below the sink located just inside the main entry door lost two screws and one drawer is hanging by the two screws on the other side of the drawer. I want fill in the screw hole and secure the drawer, but I cannot get the drawer to come out. What is the secret to removing the drawer? I need to get the drawer out to access the drawer bracket.
Thanks in advance.

Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
moutard2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10948
Now that's a puzzler. I've had a good look and have yet to come up with a solution.
moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:37 AM   #3
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
This works on mine and may on yours. Slide the drawer all the way out as far as it will go. On each side on the front of the track is a small plastic piece. One side lifts up and the other side pushes down on the plastic lever. As you push or lift on the plastic pull on that side of the drawer and it will come out.
To reinstall push the track all the way in and then slide the drawer into the track.
Push a round toothpick (1 or 2) into screw hole and break off even with the front then put the screw back in.
Hope this helps.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:05 PM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Mine don't have any releases. They operate on friction in that I must grab hold real good and just pull them out. The tightness at the rear of the drawer as it approaches the front of the rail as it is extruded is that keep it in, but a real good tug gets mine out.

If you can't find the releases like awaywego describes, then try the above method. If that doesn't work, the drawers might come out if you pull the drawer all the way out until it stops, then lift up slightly to raise over any stops, then pull it out.

After these three methods, I'm out of ideas. After these I would have to see the drawers in front of me in order to figure it out. I am convinced that the drawers have to be able to get removed somehow, someway.

Let us know how you figure this out.

Awaywego has an excellent way to fix the problem with the screws. That worked for me for a couple of doors that fell or got knocked out of place. The broken toothpicks act like mollies that the screw can attach to and creates pressure against the wood to keep it fastened. Even after doing this the doors are working great over the past few years. Hopefully, you found the original screws somewhere.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:04 AM   #5
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
Joe:
As awaywego stated the releases are small pointed black plastic pieces that actually protrude from the front of the second section of the full extension drawer slides. Move it up or down as you push the second section toward the rear. It should disconnect as then you can pull the complete drawer out. I would replace the stripped screws with a size larger and 1/2 inch longer. 1/2 longer if they secure the track to the cabinet or just larger diameter if they secure the track to the drawer.
I am on my first shakeout trip with ours and have not encountered any problems except for a hard to close front entry door. One awesome fifth wheel.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:22 AM   #6
WaltandLynne
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10151
If you are going to fill the screw holes with a toothpick, also put a drop or two of Elmer's Glue on it so the toothpick doesn't slip out.

Good luck.

Walt
WaltandLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:40 AM   #7
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
awaywego was correct. The plastic keeper is on the rear of the sliding track, but resides "inside" the fixed track. Looks like the end of a plastic dental flosser. Got the drawers out, toothpicked the hole, and installed a larger screw. The drawer frame is really weak. One of the side rails came off of the staples and was able to get in back in place and add a screw. Thanks everyone for the help. Another project finished. Need to check the batteries, add a strut to the rear door, and purchase and install the $50 bedsaver.
Happy New Year!
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote