Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sewer connections - there has to be a better way..

Ever have to connect to one of those park sewer pipes that are on an odd angle or maybe one that requires a screwin connector and when that connector is finally tight it's pointing the wrong way?

Those two-piece connectors help, the ones where you screw in the lower piece, then push in the upper piece. Those have four possible mounting positions for the upper piece, solving the problem of that connector pointing the wrong way.

But, I have several hoses of differing sizes and like to have connectors on each, for quick connecting. And those two piece sewer connectors are not cheap and they take up a lot of room in the hose locker. I do not want to buy one of those for each hose. So, I hit on this idea...

I cut a 24 inch piece off of one of my hoses and mounted the upper part of a two-piece sewer end connector to one end and a standard male connector on the other end. Now, I just screw in (also works with a donut) the the lower section of the sewer connector, push in the upper piece that's attached to my 2 ft. hose, then attached whatever length hose(s) I need to reach the coach. This is hard to explain in words. Maybe these pictures will help.

Two foot hose with permanently mounted connectors.

Closeup of the sewer end connector. Note the hose portion can be mounted into the lower portion in any of four positions.

I think I'm going to like this method of connecting my sewer hoses.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:51 AM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Steve,
Great idea. I have been using the Rhino Flex hose system ever since I bought the old Monty. It has the screw in base, and the clip on top piece for the base. When I first purchased the set it was shortly later that the rubber gasket between the snap on and the base parted ways. I purchased another end set. On day when connecting up I said Hmmm, when the snap in did not want to line up with where I wanted it to go. I took the old piece I still had and used it to turn the screw in base to point in the right direction. Then I connected the hose assembly. It's been working that way for a couple years now.

I finally called the makers of Rhino Flex and they sent me two new gaskets free of charge and stated that they would be distributing the gaskets to dealers. The newer gaskets are more resistant to UV.

Hoard, hoard, hoard. Hard to do in an RV but this time it paid off for me.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote