Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Meet you at the Show, the RV Show that is!
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2009, 03:52 AM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Houston RV Show - Will Happen

I received a post card in the mail that states the Houston RV Show will be February 11, through February 15, 2009 at the Reliant Center in Houston.

Here is the web site for the Houston RV Show

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
If you go, let me know how the show was. It's usually a huge one, but I'm guessing this year's event will be smaller, and maybe the prices will be more competitive. My brother will be there; he's decided he should have opted for at least 3 slides instead of the 2 slides he has in his '07 Montana. ("Don't need 3, don't want 3 . . ." were his famous last words, I believe. )

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:40 AM   #3
alandaudrey
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9011
According to my info there will be only 12 RV dealers showing this year. I guess the poor economy is affecting everyone.
alandaudrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:58 PM   #4
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Gee, that is a small show. I'll never forget one of the Houston shows we attended that was so big it took us nearly all day to see just the RVs we wanted to see.

I don't know how detailed the ads and mailers for the show are, but I do know that my brother sure wants to see some new Montana floor plans at that show.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:44 AM   #5
kroencke
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8171
My husband and I were out to Holiday World West a couple days ago and they said they would have the 3400 and the new 3150 at the show. I think those were the only 2 montanas they were going to have. They have really cleared out a lot of their inventory.
kroencke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:10 AM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
According to the "Media Fact Sheet," there will be "over" 600 RV's at the show. Now I know that is a combination of all types of RV's, but that is not a small amount - if it holds true.

Edited: That would average 50 units per dealer of 12. Hmmm! Something just is not right. Well, I live close enough that we will go one day, anyhow.

JimF, I'll give you a call, and Coleen also, for a good day to go. If you want to. You both have to get out once in a while!!!

Old 02-01-2009, 09:16 AM   #7
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Great Wayne, we can plan making a day out of it. Will HW spring for tickets this year, have you asked, if not I can swing buy and check. Let me know.

Oh, yeah, remember that Joan and I owe you guys dinner, we can do it after the show.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:47 AM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I'll be checking on the RIG tomorrow and I'll ask about tickets.

Darn! I just might make out on this deal!!!

Let's plan to stay away from the porta-bote, huh?
Old 02-01-2009, 01:48 PM   #9
alandaudrey
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9011
Ballards Freedom RV, DeMontrond, Dixon, Buddy Gregg, Cliff Jones, Holiday World, Lonestar, Motorhomes of Texas, Ron Hoover, Southwest RV, Terry Vaughn, Topper Sales.

I think that totals 12 dealers that will show their RV's at the Houston RV Show.
alandaudrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #10
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Wayne,

How about next Thursday or Friday??? We need to run home on Saturday to take care of some tax stuff. We will stay until Tuesday morning, I have Bunko on Monday night. Haven't made it in eight months. They just might give my spot away if I don't show up soon.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:45 PM   #11
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Thursday or Friday is good for me. Less crowded during the weekday anyhow.

Allen B, Yes, I read the list of vendors and I also read the media report on the same web site. 12 vendors, 600 units. Well I don't think so, but we'll see.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #12
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Waynem, Driftwoodgal - Would suggest Thursday, the traffic on Friday is murder in the late afternoon coming back out to where we all live.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #13
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Not if you know the short cuts I know!!!!! [:-)]

Thursday works for me.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:07 AM   #14
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Thursday is great for us, what time do we leave, and from where?

Colleen

PS Wayne can you give me a call, I am having trouble with the internet as usual.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:21 AM   #15
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Coleen,
Don't make me get out of my chair to get your number, call me!!!

Old 02-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #16
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Jim and Collen,
Thursday, Feb 12th looks like the day.
I'm dropping in on the Dealer tomorrow to see if he has some tickets.
Let's meet no later than 11:00 a.m. at Hwy 646/I-45. I'll find a nice spot tomorrow and post where, or give you both a call.

Anyone else going?
Old 02-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #17
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Well, Holiday World of Houston will have a combination of TT's, 5er's and Coaches totaling 65 at the show, according to the salespeople I talked to in person. We will find out tomorrow i that is the case. If so, and the other 11 vendors follow suite, it should be an interesting show.

Will report back tomorrow.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:22 AM   #18
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
The interesting report will be if Wayne comes back from the show without buying something, or maybe the interesting thing will be what he buys.

I have already been hinting to Bob, we are 3 years old. He hearing is getting worse and worse each day. Today he is deaf.

Colleen
Old 02-12-2009, 03:17 PM   #19
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I did it! I did it! I did it! I bought something at the RV show.

It was around noon time and we were getting hungry. After eating, I didn't have any more money to spend on RV's. $9.50 for a foot long hot dog, $9.50 for a cheeseburger and fries, and none of that includes drinks. For me, the wife and daughter-in-law, (And those two split a cheeseburger!) it totaled $29 and some cents. That comes to $9.66 each for two meals and three drinks.

Jim had to lead me up the vendor supply isle, and of course I had to say hi to the Porte-bote salesman that sold me my still unwetted Porta-bote last year.

We did see a lot of nice RV's. Some down below $100,000, and some up over $500.000 (But not by much) The veranda (patio) coach was only $433,000. I mention that because it got a lot of oohs and aahs. Only way I could afford something like that is if I win the Lotto, and that is an impossibility. I think you have to buy a ticket to win. Lots of 5er's around 45K and on up.

After awhile they all started looking alike to me. I was not impressed with a lot of the floor plans, but I'm thinking that they are improving, on some models, as far as materials go. The Corian counter tops are real nice. DW also likes the full tile floor models, versus the carpeting.

There were a variety of Montana models there, but I did not see a 3400Rl, or a Big Sky. Both of which I believe are the best sellers of the lot.

After we got there, the 3 1/2 couples sort of went their own ways - well heck, I went my own way by myself, and we would me up from time to time bumping into each other on the way to a specific RV.

If you are in the market for an RV, I think now is the time to go look for bargains as the salespeople are getting hungry. There were a lot of lookers, but I did not see a lot of sit down at the table paper work pushing.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #20
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Wayne,

Were you there at the show????? Sorry I left my phone at the RV. We tried finding you guys again after we went to get something to drink.

There were fewer Class C's there than any other show we have been to. Sure happy that we have our 3400RL. The only thing I would change about it is the carpet. I liked the carpet with the spots in it. I am adding my own spots to my light beige carpet.

I sure like having my closet by my king size bed. I would rather have the closet than the divider. We have only had three people stay in our rv the whole time we have owned it. I can use duck tape and a sheet if I have to, can't do without the extra closet space.

Colleen