Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Long Timers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2007, 04:54 PM   #21
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I purchased the Road Trip roof top satellite system. The park I am in has many trees and I am blocked from the sats. Is it possible to connect a portable dish into the existing system and use it when needed. Would I have to get something rewired because of the existing system?????

Thanks Phil

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:43 PM   #22
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Quote:
quoteparamore Posted - Jul 01 2007 : 10:54:59 PM
I purchased the Road Trip roof top satellite system. The park I am in has many trees and I am blocked from the sats. Is it possible to connect a portable dish into the existing system and use it when needed. Would I have to get something rewired because of the existing system?????
Phil, I think all you need to do is connect a portable dish to the "Cable/Satellite" connector in your outside "Distribution Panel" and then connect a coax to the "Cable/Satellite" connector inside your "Entertainment" cabinet. Connect the other end to the Sat Dish input on your Satellite receiver (where your roof top dish connects to your receiver) Call me if you want to discuss it further.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:20 AM   #23
CamprNick
Established Member

M.O.C. #7377
We do the same as padredw. We purchase a dish and tripod from campingworld and then we take our recievers from the hous and take them with us when we go camping. If it gets windy out the tripod came with a little spiral device the we screw into the ground and hook the tripod to it, so that we don't have any problems. So far everything has been working out great. We do however take 2 recievers with us, due to we don't alway want to watch what the kids are watching. You know how that is I'm sure. Satilite is also great with Nascar.
CamprNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:36 AM   #24
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We have Direct-tv also, and when they installed the system we got the HDTV system and have 5 LNB's and any place we go we get distant East/West channels and local channels. Have had no problem at all with Direct-tv. We are in the process of building a stick house again and will be getting two more HDTV receivers they will be for the Stick house and will be hooked to a 46" and a 40" Samsung HDTV's and they will be the 1080's full HD. Good Luck. GBY..

The 5 LNB dish is larger and more cumbersome.....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:10 PM   #25
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
If we get a new rig next year, we will probably go with a tripod mount. But I will sure miss the ease of pulling into a campground at night when its rainy, taking a gps reading and then cranking the dish up to the desired elevation and then going to the right azimuth. However, I don't think there is an inexpensive 5 lnbf dish for the roof. Well, I have time for research.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 01:30 AM   #26
Joe-n-Doe
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7870
This is going to sound like I'm a Cheap Charlie...but OK so what.

At this time we can not shift from our cable provider and I don't see us doing so anytime in the future. DW has subscribed to Vonage because of toll-free international telephone calls. this requires us to be hooked up to DSL. Thus a shift to Direct TV ain't gonna happen and I can't justify to DW spending the money to open an account and then the $30 or so month fee.

However, my brother in Atlanta has Direct. I was thinking about piggy backing onto his account for our RV use. Can this be done without jeopardizing his account?
Joe-n-Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 01:46 AM   #27
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Legally no...technically...yes. He would have to add a receiver to his account and let you use it.
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 05:52 AM   #28
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
What noneck says will work...not that we have done that ourselves to maybe watch blacked out football games. He gets another receiver and card then you take the receiver..unless you tell them they will never know.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote