Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2008, 05:13 AM   #1
kegger5769
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4412
Apollo all funcitions dead...any ideas ? HELP !

Our Apollo 1/2 time does not heat up anything using 1/2 time, convection or micro. Everything acts like it will work (programing) but nothing gets hot...?? I did hear a click-click noise like a relay noise when you used the Apollo, now I don't hear that noise, so I'm guessing it's a relay that died.
Any of you that have had there Apollo die and opened them up, is it that hard to do and would it be difficult to replace the relay myself?
Thanks for you help,

Kim

kegger5769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:36 AM   #2
pandew
Established Member

M.O.C. #4408
I've contacted Apollo service a couple times and they have always been helpful and good about supplying replacement parts with instructions, if they feel it can be fixed by the owner. When under warranty, they actually once sent a Sears repairman as their warranty service company.
pandew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:06 AM   #3
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Most opinions from all that have had Apollo problems will tell you to junk it and replace with a quality microwave.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:45 AM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Kim, While Charlie's response above is mostly correct, the DW absolutley loves the abilities of the Apollo oven. She says once you learn to use it, it is a very good oven. Now, having said this, we did have a problem with the microswitches that allow the oven to work once the door is closed. We called the Apollo folks and she recommended taking it to a small appliance repair shop since it was out of warranty. We did and it cost us $75.00 for the repair and dropped it off in the am and picked it up that afternoon. The door seal was broke in one place and when we got it back we ordered a new seal from Midwest sales (number located on the main MOC page), we got it in a few days and installed it and have had NO (knock on wood) problems since.

I would say that if you ONLY want to use the microwave portion of this oven, then probably get a replacement to fit, otherwise it might behoove you to get the Apollo fixed and use it. Sorry I can't say what is wrong with it as I am not knowledgeable of those things. I just wanted you to hear someones elses opinion. AND that is exactly what this is, My opinion. My wife says if it goes out, we would buy another one to replace it. She loves having dinner ready in about half the time....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:19 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
For your information... If you are out of warranty on your Apollo and it broke Apollo has a "Re-conditioned program" A reconditioned Apollo with all the upgrades and 60 day warranty is 100.00. We got one and it is like new and works perfectly.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:29 AM   #6
kegger5769
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4412
Thanks for all the replies, I contacted Apollo (midwest sales) and needed to talk to Tammy but she was out today so will call back tomorrow. I did ask if the still had the Reconditioned unit and was told yes, so depending on what info/help Tammy can give me I will see if it's worth fixing or replacing.
The wife uses 1/2 time and micro alot so I think we will stay with the Apollo.

Kim
Old 12-17-2008, 04:35 AM   #7
kegger5769
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4412
Talked to Bob in tech support at Apollo and he thinks it the relay on the main control board, cost of 95 + 15 shipping. So we have ordered a reconditioned unit for 100 + 40-45 shipping. hopefully it will show up before Xmas.

Kim
Old 12-17-2008, 06:19 AM   #8
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Kim, I personally think you did the right thing. I would do the same also. Let's hope you get long term service out of the new one. I think if I could get 3 years full time service out of mine I will be happy.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:16 AM   #9
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Reconditioned? They must have found the one I threw in the lake last year!

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:13 PM   #10
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Brad,

You are bad Where were you parked when you tossed it? I am becoming to like my little Apollo the more I cook with it.

Our first one bit the dust because of the seal around the door. It wouldn't cook on any function mode. The replacement is doing a good job, I just hope it lasts.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:28 PM   #11
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Colleen hahaha- I'm sure lots of folks like them.

Our's actually never cooked a thing. First trip out the glass door was shattered. Next trip out it wouldn't cook. Messing with warranty might be OK for a fulltimer, but two failures in the same year added to repair time and labor equated to it not being available about 100% of the time for us vacationers which was not acceptable to me. It is now a boat anchor

Part of the decision was reading about the dozens of issues they were having here on the MOC. My favorite was the hot stew stuck inside because the door broke. I feel sorry for the guy (don't remember who it was) but I just kept picturing me standing there licking my lips and I can't get the food out. Kind of like spending your last buck in the pretzel vending machine and the bag gets stuck up in the top out of reach!
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:01 PM   #12
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Our first one went into a dumpster in San Diego, and the second one went into a dumpster in Phoenix. I still liked having the Apollo in our 3400, though, because I really like using the convection mode. The 3rd Apollo was working just fine when we traded the 3400 in.

snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:10 PM   #13
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Quote:
quote:Colleen hahaha- I'm sure lots of folks like them.

Our's actually never cooked a thing. First trip out the glass door was shattered. Next trip out it wouldn't cook. Messing with warranty might be OK for a fulltimer, but two failures in the same year added to repair time and labor equated to it not being available about 100% of the time for us vacationers which was not acceptable to me. It is now a boat anchor

Part of the decision was reading about the dozens of issues they were having here on the MOC. My favorite was the hot stew stuck inside because the door broke. I feel sorry for the guy (don't remember who it was) but I just kept picturing me standing there licking my lips and I can't get the food out. Kind of like spending your last buck in the pretzel vending machine and the bag gets stuck up in the top out of reach!
Brad, I posted that mine was working at the present time. If I have a perfectgly good hot stew in it and I can't open the door I will find out how good the four inch fire extingusher works It might be rated higher for breaking glass than it is for putting out fires

Here is hoping that my Apollo stays on the healthy side at least until I get to explore it more. Heah, we let the Montana sit for a year, we have a 2006, so nothing is covered by warranty. The Apollo was one of the things that broke during warranty. We have been in the Montana more this year than our stick house. Guess being close to the Apollo is growing on me. Besides I don't want to crawl on the floor to light my propane oven. I will praise the Apollo...... wasn't he a god.....hee hee?.... until I have to replace it/him.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:04 AM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Although we love the Apollo functions. Every time we push the on button we wonder if it will start up or blow up. Great product confidence right.??? We got v the re conditioned one last month and so far so good. Helen really likes the Apoll but I am determined to not get another one. There has got to be better.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote