Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Practice and Testing Forum
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2017, 05:15 AM   #1
BigE

M.O.C. #19529
2016 Montana High Country 375FL (Front Living Rm)

Currently purchased a 2016 MHC 4 Slide (Front Living). As I was doing my PDI at the dealership, I noticed the slide roller was digging into the wood and plastic covering underneath the slide that controls the dinette and refrig area.

Has anyone experienced this before with 16 MHC and if so, what did the dealer do to correct this?

I was told by the dealership that we purchased this from was they were going to remove the slide and repositioned the slide roller bracket and then repair the tear in wood and fabricate.

Any thoughts?? This is our second Fifth Wheel we have owned.......

Thank you

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:18 AM   #2
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
That doesn't sound good
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:49 AM   #3
jameswbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18658
I have the same unit. That slide must be marginal as mine started making noise. I do not see any marking as yet. The carpet will never stay down on the slide rear. The dealer tried to get rid of the cable snapping noise but only reduced it. One owner had too long a screw in the table legs which marred the flooring. Several of my screws were overdriven and close to marking the vinyl. Note that your residential fridge if you got one cannot use the icemaker in cold weather due to the uninsulated water line.
jameswbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:07 PM   #4
BigE

M.O.C. #19529
Update on the repairs from dealer....

According to the tech, they did not remove the slide, thank goodness! !

From what im being told, was when they installed the roller and bracket on the slide from factory, Keystone installed an extra screw that was not supposed to be there thus causing all damage aka tearing of the wood and fabric.....

One must ask why did they do it and just left it in place.....waiting to pick FW as well as see the pictures of the extra screw and issues..
BigE is offline   Reply With Quote