Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Internet & Cell Phones
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
android apps

I have found two android apps from the google play store that you might be interested in.

Edited: 4/12/2013 The link I posted yesterday was incorrect for the app I was directing you towards. The corrected location is below for YP Local Search & Gas Prices

The first is Yellow Pages. It has gas prices, restaurants and much much more In some ways its better than your GPS functions. If you have the GPS feature turned on. Anyway you can review it here and then decide if it is something you want to download to your phone. Charges may apply dependent upon your phone plan/provider.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.ypmobile
I like it and use it for a few things.

Next is a fun game called 3d truck parking. Having trouble with your 5er backing and cornering. I found it challenging. It uses the tilt feature built into the phone for steering. Throttle, break/backup is via peddle icons. You can change the view (which I recommend) At least tilt the view for more of a top down look. Just take your finger and slide down a bit to tilt the display.
Challenges are gas station, Docks, Gravel pit, and free range.

Give it a try, I found it challenging sometimes. You get three tries
symbolized by the hearts. You loose a heart by bumping into obstructions. Oops!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a3BhcmtpbmciXQ..

Old 04-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
While on the topic of apps, FoxFi came out with an update to their app which now makes it functional on Motorola and other android smart phones using Jelly Bean.
tim43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:22 AM   #3
CATCRAW
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11243
The Yellow Page App looks interesting - but I'm not sure after reading the permissions it requires. Not sure why it needs access to all of my personal info and all of my phone contacts, emails and other info. Seems a bit intrusive, but maybe a lot of apps are the same and I haven't noticed.
CATCRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:03 AM   #4
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Hi Ron and Cathie,

Having been on the internet since 1983 which I eluded to in a different post. I have never seen such intentional / potential miss use of privacy information as I have with cellular telephones (smart phones). This is not just Android/droid or Apple per. se. They all do it to some degree. Facebook, Google, and Microsoft phones to follow(I will post a disclaimer in my previous posting, referring to this post)

I do not like this either.

You are correct about the permissions. This has always been a sticking point with me and smart phone devices. Apple does not even give you notification of what permissions are sought. Figures right. (go apple).

Anyway I was hesitant to post any apps here. but unfortunately it is inevitable if you download anything . No matter which Free and / or paid app you download, you are subject to these (unless you deny installation. Why? I don't know.

It's like EULA agreements (end user license agreements) Say you go to your store and buy software. You bring it home forced to read or just check the box saying I agree to the terms and conditions.
Well what if you don't agree. You can't take it back because it is opened packaging. You can exchange it for the same item due to damage though. (if you yell, screem sign a waver, You might have a prayer of getting you money back) Good Luck from the store. Maybe the Manufacturer will listen.

I have been experimenting with other apps that claim to lock down Privacy issues. If I find a good one then I will let you all know. The ones I've tried are cumbersome and not user friendly. At least not clear and decisive. Another Buyer be Ware or downloader awareness.