Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2006, 07:53 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Washing and drying..........in house.

This is our first journey with a washer and dryer, how it changes the experience.
We have done 23 loads so far, since 9-20. Sue has been in Heaven, no more looking up laundries, no more waiting around for available machines, and being away from our Montana.
Our Maytag is so quiet, we on carry on a normal conversation two feet away from it. The time from start to finish is great as well, 55 minutes per load washer, 1:15 per dryer.
We can do hobbies, and watch Tv at the times we are doing the dirty deed.
Just one more reason to love the Montana.
(The way the controls are set up, we only have to reach around to push the start button in the inside of the folding door, the rest of the controls are accessible.)
I sanded a relief on the back sides of the corners of the door for clearance, with my belt sander, it opens and closes without hitting or binding.
Ozz
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...3/100_0066.jpg

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:16 AM   #2
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Ozz,
I think I would look at it and see about splitting those doors and have them hinged by themselves instead of bi-fold and see if that would help you.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:24 PM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
No need, they work super!
If Sue didn't like them we would go to plan 'B'
Sue's happy, Jim's happy.......
Old 10-08-2006, 04:48 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Jim, as you know we were very happy with the Crosley (Whirlpool) units in our tradein. We are, however, very unhappy with the Majestic units in this one. I like the good looks of the Majestic but the loads are very small. Plus there's some problems with both the washer and dryer. I have worked with Majestic service to not much avail. It seems their contract for service in the KC area expired and they now have no one. We could take them out to Grain Valley. That's not too far but we're concerned about the service situation. The Crosleys are serviceable at any Whirlpool facility. Plus, they hold much more and are also very quiet. We have an appt for Tuesday at Naylor's to have these taken out and our old units from the tradein swapped in. The old ones are not as pretty but they work a whole lot better. To paraphrase your statement, when Vicki's unhappy, Steve's miserable.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:57 PM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Sorry to hear that, Steve, I was hoping it would work out for you.
Better luck, buddy.
Would you ask Jim to order me a new chair? He should have done that, but they called me and told me the mechanical assembly was in, but my wood was broken, not the mechanics. They are spinning wheels, I just want a new chair, the wood replacement is getting the service guys over their heads, I am afraid.
My schedule will be tight, I want to get rolling after a short stay in K.C. the first of next month.
Could you get me their E-mail address as well??
Thanks, Jim
Old 10-09-2006, 01:37 AM   #6
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Ozz, 23 loads since 9-20?? That's a lot of laundry. You must be awfully dirty or awfully clean. LOL.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:21 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Helen, one thing is that we buy lots of T shirts, we usually buy two or three every neat place we go to. Sue always washes them first then hangs them up. We bought some at Sedona that have to be washed Three times, they are colored by the local rock dust, Cool......
Old 10-09-2006, 06:40 AM   #8
cjenks234
Established Member

M.O.C. #4868
I did a quick fix on my doors. I pulled the top pin on the left side out and installed a latch like the ones on the drawers. I can unlatch the front and still bi-fold them or swing it open like a regular door. Really works great.

cjenks234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:21 AM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Great idea, Charlie. Does that Tv get er up those mountains??
Old 10-09-2006, 08:34 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Charlie, I am interested in your modifications to the door hardware but the pictures are small enough these old eyes are having trouble figuring out exactly what you did. Would you email me bigger pictures and/or an explanation? The envelope icon above this post will email me. I'm reluctant to post my email address online where the bots can pick it up and add even more spam to my daily diet. Thanks.

Jim, sent you an email with the requested info.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:54 AM   #11
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
It looks to me like it is the top pin on the left side. I don't understand either - maybe some close up pictures of the pin and catch at the top of the door?
I'm interested in what you did because it sounds easier than redoing the hinges.
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:26 AM   #12
cjenks234
Established Member

M.O.C. #4868
I'll be glad to send pictures. All I did is when I removed the door to install my combo, I just removed the left hand top pin and re-hung the door. I placed a latch like the ones that are on the drawers. I use the front latch kept the door solid or I can unlatch it to bi-fold. And Ozz I'm sure that TV would pull just fine, but I think I will stick to my Dodge Cummins. LOL!
Old 10-09-2006, 09:37 AM   #13
cjenks234
Established Member

M.O.C. #4868
Parrothead, it is the left side I removed. I'm sorry, I got it turned around. It makes it nice cause I can pop the pin right back in if I need to.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:32 PM   #14
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We did the same thing on ours. Removed the pin on the left side. Closed the latch in the middle making it solid and bought another latch just like it and put on the top left side. That keeps it from coming open while traveling. It works great and I can get at all the dials on the washer/dryer and can open the freezer that sits on top of it.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:25 AM   #15
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks to Charlie for the pictures and to Roman4 and ???? for showing me their methods for these doors, while at the rally. I can't for the life of me remember who ???? was but it ended up being their method I copied.

I gave Vicki a choice and she said she wants the doors separated, opening from the middle. So I copied ???? and bought the top and bottom pivot pins and brackets from a hardware store. So the right and left doors both pivot on pins, top and bottom. I removed the hinges from between the two doors and put them in a drawer. Added a knob to the second door and I was done.

I had planned to use the hinges on both doors. like Roman4, but decided that would be a bit more work and alignment for the locking travel latch might be a problem so went with the pivot pin method. I did not have to move the travel latch.

Sorry, ????. Maybe you would identify yourself?
Old 10-21-2006, 05:47 PM   #16
therebnme
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4092
We also wanted the doors to open in the middle. Gene put piano hinges on the outer edge of the doors...after removing all the other hinges and pins. They latch in the middle for travel, and open wide for use. Makes using the w/d much easier. We have the Whirlpool washer and dryer. Love them so much. Large washer loads with 1200rpm spin. Both very quiet. [blue]
therebnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:23 AM   #17
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We also modified ours to open from the middle after seeing it at the Fall rally.It is a much better configuration and very easy to do as I , who can do nothing, was able to do it..welll.. Helen helped some like took all the measurements. Drilled the holes and hung the doors..I did buy the parts...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote