Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #1
tenacioushunter

M.O.C. #12705
just about ready to write the check

My wife and I are getting very serious about the 3402 RL, and we may get going on it and a new pickup truck within the year. I joined this forum to get some good advice from all the old hands on questions we might have. So, stand by!

We live in Maine, last camped in a Jayco popup in 1985 with the kids, are selling the house and preparing to hit the road.

If I want to ask simple questions like "What's the average cost of a three night stay in a Good Sam park", is this the place to do it? Don't want to clutter things up.

Looking forward to the adventure!

tenacioushunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
No need to worry about "cluttering things up" this is the place to ask and learn. Great folks on here and a lot of experience. Take advantage of it that's what we are all here for. You will be surprised at how soon a question will come up that you know the answer to and then you can pay it back. Quite a few of us are full timers also so those questions are good here too.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
ANY question is a good question. The only dumb questions are those that aren't asked. Go for it, there is a wealth of information here.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Asking questions and getting answers from experienced folks is why this forum is valuable and helpful.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:37 PM   #5
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
This is the club to be in. While we were looking for an RV we found the MOC. We have gotten answers to many questions through both asking and by searching and reading on the forum, then we bought.
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:35 AM   #6
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Ask away....
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:17 AM   #7
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
There are topic headings in this forum to ask ANY questions you have! The only dumb things are some of the answers you might get, but that's why so many MOCers provide answers so you can choose what works for you. Like others mention before, the ONLY dumb question is the one you DON'T ask.

For example, your question about Good Sam parks, the dumb answer would be: "I don't camp there, I camp only at KOAs". It's dumb because it doesn't directly answer your question and for many KOA is a "bad name" since they can be VERY inconsistent in quality and price. A better answer would be: "It depends on where you stay, the time of year, and some other factors but here's a link you can use to determine what you'll be paying, http://www.goodsamclub.com/travel/campgroundsandrvparks/Default.aspx."

I didn't join the forum until a couple years after purchasing my Monty. I'm not complaining but I'm hoping your eventual Montana model experience will be better because of the support group you now have that can warn of things to do and say prior to taking ownership of your Monty! I wish I knew half the things I learned so that I was aware of weight and tire issues I had, and things I could have done better with batteries, solar and options (like a 2nd A/C).

Welcome to the forum from a former 1986 Coleman with the kids to an eventual '06 Montana 3500RL!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:12 PM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We joined the forum 1 year before the purchase of our 06 3400 and by the time we got it we knew more about the Montana from folks here than the salesman.
We just purchased a 2013 3402 Big Sky.This is our 6th rv and the first time we purchased the same brand twice. I am at times critical of Montana when they deserve it but it will be hard to find a better 5th wheel or a better support group and that includes keystone....
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote