Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2011, 04:47 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Do you review???

When we started this year's journey, I didn't know about RV Park reviews. We used Woodalls, Good Sam, and the Internet, we were told about RV Park reviews here on the MOC, another 'Pat on the back' to our Forum. I thought I would give back a little, so I am writing reviews to the site, I suggest you folks do as well, good experience, write it down, bad, write it down. You sign in, log in and write the review.
I did one on the 'Humorless Drone' here in Gardiner, I found out the name of the town is (Pronounced like Peter Sellers character in the Chauncey Gardner movie.) Gardner
Also Old West in Reed Point, also the trailer park in Livingston.
If you give a review, share it with the rest of us..

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:34 AM   #2
oldelmer1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10758
Hi Jim,
Glad you are having a great time, except for the smoke).

We always use http://www.campgroundreviews.com/ to comment on campgrounds. Its a great place to let other campers know what they are in for. Although some reviews have to be taken with a grain of salt.

I'll have to start posting my reviews here too.
oldelmer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:07 AM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I have put a review on campgroundreviews.com for most of the RV parks we have stayed at over the years. And I use the site to review parks in areas we are planning to visit soon.
As far as using the reviews to determine whether to stay at any given park, I am often critical of the reviews. Too often people give a very poor rating for very trivial reasons; the front desk was not friendly, there was a problem with the reservation, the wifi was weak, the people next to us were rednecks, they did not lead us to our site, they insisted on leading us to our site, there were people actually living there, etc.
I look for trends in the ratings. And most of the time, the majority of the reviews will give similar ratings. You can generally throw out the very high or very low if they are out of sync with the majority.
I try to rate the park based on the quality of the park and the sites and amenities. I may mention things like how level sites are, landscaping upkeep, power, hookups, wifi useability, general appearance, etc. But I try to keep opinions of park personnel out of it unless they were exceptionally great.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:09 AM   #4
Bruce Lenhardt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5098
Send a message via ICQ to Bruce Lenhardt
I agree with BB TX. I use the rvparkreviews when planning a trip, but go by trends not someones griping about trivial matters. I do review most of the parks we stay at, both good and bad.
Bruce Lenhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:49 AM   #5
nosticks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10378
I review most every park unless I have nothing of value to add to the existing reviews. I use them and find them almost always spot on. Of course there are the jerks that gave a #3 to an obvious #10 rated park because someones dog a few sites over barked once in the middle of the night or some other personal inconvenience. So when I see a really bad review, I look at other reviews by the same person. Often you'll see a trend that says you couldn't please them no matter what you did. I love the ones that say "it's a nice park we liked it", followed by no specifics. That really helps everyone.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:09 AM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I review on RV Park Review. I have noticed that at a lot of parks we stay at the reviews are 6 months old, or older, and of course some with newer reviews. If I agree with the previous reviewer on their comments I usually mention that. The actual editing of the review before it is posted by the administrator will be kicked back if you don't put in some of the amenities that it has. Just saying it is a nice park will not make the review.

I also look at the area we will be traveling in to get a perspective of what people are saying. I sometimes wonder if some of those "low" reviews are not padded by competitors in the area, so I also look at the reviews of a park overall, and like others throw out the high and low.

I have read some reviews where people criticized the park because of "bad attitude" on the behalf of office personnel. When I visit that same park they are a friendly as can be. So, attitude begets attitude. Think of all those years you have had up until now dealing with people and then someone "gets in your face." You most likely will "get right back."

We do not like campfires. They bother our breathing capabilities even when they are across the campground. There is something in that smell that triggers both of us to react. When I post a review I never mention campfires. It is just a peculiarity for us.

Happy trails.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote