Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
Drought Buster
Established Member

M.O.C. #11394
333BD Question

I have a 2010 High Country 333DB. The rig has two Black water tanks. One for the front toilet and one in the back into which both the toilet and sink in the rear bath drain. Does anyone know if the Black Flush on the unit flushes both of those tanks? On my old fiver, I would first empty the black tank and when that was done, pull the vale on the grey. This way the grey water pushed out anything left in the outlet line. I am not sure how to clean that out if both the grey water and black water go into the same tank and flow out together.

Drought Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
Great question...If the black water flush does not include the rear tank (kind of doubt it for some reason) then I guess you could always just run some water in the sink for a rinse of the hose etc.
I'm sure someone else here will have a better idea though...
Old 05-08-2011, 12:03 PM   #3
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
Not enough H.C. owners with the 1/2 bath to get much response I think...
May have to do some research and share what you find out.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
ExPatNW
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10319
I have a Montana Mountaineer with front and rear bathrooms. From my experience, the black tank flush only works on the front black tank. Disappointing, would really have liked it to work on both the black tanks. It does a great job keeping the front tank clean. Hope this helps.
ExPatNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #5
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
Besides cost cutting, I suppose Keystones reasoning would be that the rear "black" tank is also for gray water so maybe they feel that a flush system is unnecessary?
Old 05-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #6
Drought Buster
Established Member

M.O.C. #11394
That's a great point Mike. With the additional "fluid" that gets added to the rear tank from the sink, maybe they thought that the flush system was not needed back there. I plan to hook up the grey hose to the flush tonight and turn it on with all of the vales open to see where the water flows out. This will be the only time I can do that since we have never used either toilet and we are taking her out for our first trip this weekend. If I remember to do it, I will post to let people know what I find.
Drought Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:48 AM   #7
arcateq
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10837
Send a message via AIM to arcateq
I WISH the black tank flush would clean out the rear bath holding tank but sigh it does not. (i even wish the black tank flush wouldn't leak into the basement when i used it) I went and bought a clear drain connector that i can attach a hose to and push water up into the tank to clean it out. Not sure if i like it all that well yet. I might have to buy the wand but I am not a fan of dragging the HOSE thru the trailer to clean the tank.
arcateq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #8
Hooker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7915
If the flusher cleans both tanks, there will be a switch where you can select which tank is being flushed...at least that's how it works in my MH. There is a flusher for both the black and grey tanks, with a switch selecting which one is being used.
Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote