Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2010, 07:10 AM   #1
Superdave
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6291
Montana service in Burleson - Fort Worth area

Since FunTime RV is out of business, anybody know where to go for service issues ? Nearest Montana dealer to me is in Oklahoma. Keystone said i could take it to a Keystone dealer. Anybody got any info or recommendations ? Don't need anything fixed- but you never know.

Superdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:53 AM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
After FunTime RV's demise, I checked the Keystone site for dealers of the various Keystone trailers. Colbert, OK is by far the closest to me (and it is a Montana dealer). Tyler has a Keystone dealer (not Montana). Not sure about the next closest, Hooks near Texarkana I think (a Montana dealer). Then Oklahoma City I guess.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:17 AM   #3
Superdave
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6291
Colbert Ok is 102 miles. yuk.
They ( Keystone ) need to figure this one out soon. I did ask a manager at Camping World if they thought they'd get the franchise, but the Bankruptcy court situation has the FunTime Franchise rights tied up - according to him. When I lived in houston the Camping world in Katy sold Montanas.
Keystone told me i could go to camping world in Denton, so i'm going to odo more 'vestgating on this. Luckily i have no real issues- knock on wood.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #4
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I would try the Colbert dealer. Having problems with the service dealer trying to come back and charge me for more stuff a year after the work was completed. They did not stick to their word. I have heard nothing but good about the colbert dealer.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:49 AM   #5
Superdave
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6291
Here it is two months later , and I'm waiting on a return phone call from Keystone that I put in this morning. Maybe there's some news on servicing their product in DFW area of Texas.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:04 AM   #6
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
I bought my Montana at a Camping World. Since they are a Keystone dealer I see no reason they could not service your Montana. After all Keystones have the same daddy.
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:56 PM   #7
Biscotty
Established Member

M.O.C. #10193
Wow, Fun Time is gone. They were a huge operation. After the winter RV show in Ft. Worth, we thought about shopping with them, but Colbert is just 20 miles away for us and they (Colbert) seemed quite fair. I haven't had any service issues, but feel dumb lucky now.
Biscotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:44 PM   #8
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I have a friend who bought a Montana at Colbert and has been satisfied with them. He told them that I had bought a Montana from Fun Time. The serviced manager told him to tell me that if I needed any work done on my Montana, warranty or otherwise, to bring it to them even before Fun Time closed. So far I have needed none.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:27 AM   #9
GRHooper
Established Member

M.O.C. #10295
My suggestion is to stay away from Leisure Time in Oklahoma City. We have experienced two instances in which parts and service were promised by a certain date but weren't done and we received no phone call. Nice people but very poor communication.
GRHooper is offline   Reply With Quote