Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2008, 09:42 AM   #1
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
New Delivered Today

Well after a trip to Montreal overland and a sea voyage through the icy waters of the Gulf of St. Lawrence and Cabot Strait my new 10th Anniversary Edition 3585SA arrived yesterday. They were doing the clean on it today when I did my first walk through. I am digging out the excellent PDI checklist I downloaded from the MOC and getting my camera and flashlight ready. I should be able to do the inspection by the weekend. The DW is as exited as me but couldn't get time from work to go with me today. They had some other excitement at her office as two moose decided to pay the parking lot a visit. I have some pictures but have no idea how to post them.

MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:49 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Congratulations!!! I know you are excited. More excitement is coming as you begin to enjoy traveling in your Montana. As for the pictures, there is a procedure listed on the MOC home page in the right hand column. It will take you right through posting photographs. Happy RVing........
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:17 AM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Congratulations. Take your time with the PDI. As you know it is critical to document the problems early on.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:25 PM   #4
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Hi, I am still trying to wrap my head around how this Montana got to NF, did it travel in a container? I did not think they were that big, or as deck cargo? or in a hold? I would imagine that there are still icebergs around your area. Anyway, it seems to have made the trip safely. Hope everything is in good shape for you. You should be able to post us some interesting and useful travel trips on Newfoundland. We would love to go there, maybe one day! ...and congratulations on the new rig.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:16 PM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
And, I am trying to wrap my mind around :

HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY IN SHIPPING fees (err, make that DELIVERY fees??)

WOW, so, who wants a Montana in Hawaii??
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:36 PM   #6
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
The Monty came by way of a container vessel that also takes roll-on/off cargo such as cars, trucks and trailers. I haven't seen the bill yet so I am not sure regarding shipping costs. I wouldn't expect them to be too high as marine transport is pretty economical. With regard to ice, there is a lot still in the Gulf but it is offshore from St. John's. Icebergs are most numerous in late May through early July but some hang around Labrador all year. Anyone planning a trip this way do not hesitate to contact me. I would be more than happy to assist in any way I can.
MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote