Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2004, 08:37 PM   #1
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757

Hi! We are from the north country. Palmer,Alaska to be exact. Palmer is about 40 miles north of Anchorage. I have been living in Alaska since my retirement from the Air Force in 1981. Lucie is a retired nurse.
We have been reading this forum for over three months. I have done a lot of camping but no rv experience. I have been reading of members' experiences and have glean much worth while information. Because of the info learned I have purchased a new Ford 350XLT, PSD, 4/4, LB, 4.0 real end, and DRW. Now I understand I have enough truck to pull any Montana. We have seen and have decided on buying a new 3685FL. We are currently in negotiations. We are planning on becoming snowbirds, going south in the winter and returning to Alaska during the summer. Because the summers in Alaska are cooler and no major storms. Our dream is to live full time in our 5er and travel through-out the lower 48.

Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 01:02 AM   #2
Montana_462
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #462
Hello Walter and Lucie and welcome to the forum. I am also an AF retiree but a bit more recent. I retired in 1998 and am working for the govt in DC. I really envy the folks that can pack up and full time in their 5ers. I look forward to the day we can do it ourselves.
Montana_462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 01:32 AM   #3
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Welcome and congratulations, Check out the topic "rally"
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 01:56 AM   #4
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Walter and Lucie
Welcome to the MOC. Thank you for taking the time to post and share with us. Tom is also USAF retired (1979). He will be retiring from Delta Airlines this fall. We have had our Montana just a little over a year. We too want to tour the US as we have already traveled through most of Europe. Of course since Alaska is part of the US we certainly want to spend some time in the summer in your beautiful state. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures. Hope you can make the MOC Rally in September.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 02:30 AM   #5
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Welcome & a great forum we have here. Glad for you to join us.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 11:18 AM   #6
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Welcome aboard Walter and Lucie! Know you will just love your new Montana once you get it. Part of the fun is picking out just the right floor plan and then anticipating it's arrival! This is a great web site with great members.
Happy trails .....
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 06:24 AM   #7
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Welcome Walter and Lucie, Congratulations on the purchase of your new truck and Montana. We are glad that the forum was some help in helping you decide what you wanted. We look forward to seeing your post and hearing all about your great adventures. Happy RVing
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 08:00 AM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome, Walter & Lucie, glad you joined us! You definitely have plenty of truck for any Montana. You're going to love the way the truck tows it and also how nicely the Montanas follow behind. Hope to see you on the road when you get down to the lower 48's or if we ever (hoping!) get up your way.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:35 PM   #9
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Alaska! We'd sure like to get there someday.

You're decision on the 3685FL is sure a good one. A really nice unit with a real residential feel.

You're future travel plans sound wonderful and we sure hope you'll keep stooping in here and sharing your stories of the new places you'll be going in the future. We have at least 3 years until we can possibly full time or partly full time, so many of us will live vicariously through you.

Welcome to MOC! Since you've been reading here for three months, you already know the most fantastic people are in this club and posting here on the forum. We'd be lost if it hadn't been for all the help we've gotten from the people here willing to share and help.

Patty & Dick
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 08:18 PM   #10
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
We want to thank you all for the warm welcome. We already feel at home. We are looking forward to meeting you all one of these days along the high ways/rv parks.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote