Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2009, 05:10 PM   #1
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
slideout creeping

OK, I know I've read several threads on the slideouts creeping out on your Tana's but I've done a search and can't bring them up! Went out to the Tana (stored about 45 miles away) yesterday (Sunday) and the bedroom slideout base had moved about an inch and a half out. Wasn't that way two weeks ago. Went back out today to check on something else and the slide had moved out about two and a half inches now, top and bottom! The temps have warmed up here around Omaha (Hurray!!)and I'm thinking the fluid is expanding in the slide lines! Am I right or wrong? It seems to me this same thing happened to me last spring also but once I opened them all and closed them again, it didn't happen any more!! Any thread ID would be and/or help/suggestions would be appreciated!

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:49 AM   #2
bobby A
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7333
Yes, I also have read about this happening, can't remember the fix though. The only thing I do remember reading, keep your finger on the slideout button for a couple seconds after you bring slideout in or out. Supposably this gets rid of any air that may be in the system. I have been doing this for years and have never had an issue.
bobby A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:49 AM   #3
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
I found the same thing happen to ours. But so far just the bottom part of the slide. My thought as the cyl loses fluid from sitting,the slide will relax over time. My guess is my top has not moved due to the slide topper tension.
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:14 AM   #4
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
I would think you have an internal system leak; check valve or piston packing. The volume of the fluid is on the side of the piston that pushes the slide in (when slides are in). Fluid expansion due to temperature should actually force the slide in. Perhaps Dale will chime in.

Try this thread.

SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote