Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Boon-docking
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2017, 05:33 PM   #11
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Another direction maybe but I was interested in a Yamaha 2400 (I think) that would hold a higher output amperage for twenty or thirty seconds, more than enough to handle the extra juice required by some AC's when they are starting. I know Hondas are great and I loved them even though they were really the only game back in my construction days. Within two years the Yamahas were just as popular with my employers. My main thing was bringing something different to the table for you besides the two 2000's or one 3000 scenario. I am trying to decide whether I want to spend some money on solar or go the single small generator route for watching tv when boondocking as my built in unit is way overkill as it is designed to run two AC's. Uses a lot of propane to just watch tv using the satellite.

Tom Marty