Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2018, 10:08 PM   #41
prndl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19630
Just thought I would throw in what I'm using.
I had a pullrite superglide. I did not like how the pinbox would rotate and hit the side rails of the bed on 90degree turns.

I switched to a 5th airborne sidewinder for my pinbox and installed a Demco Recon for my hitch.

The Demco is so small compared to the pullrite in the bed. I can now use all the space available around the hitch for storage which was not available with he pullrite. I am now able to install my generator in the back of the truck bed and not have the pinbox hit it during turns.

Take a look at the Demco Recon. Only 100# and comes apart in three pieces if you want to remove it. Rated for 21K lbs. Has wrap around jaws with a locking bar. It also has three adjustable heights to match your trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1879.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	1503  

prndl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:14 AM   #42
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzly03 View Post
JeffBA, is there MoRYde documentation that it will void the warranty if you use the AUH?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffba View Post
Everyone who has an AUH seems to like\love them. What prevents me from getting one is the fact that it will void my warranty with Lippert if I use one. It will also void your warranty with MORryde if you have a MORryde kingpin.

I am currently looking into the AUH, not quite certain which version as of yet. With regards to voiding manufacturer's warranties from Lippert and/or Morryde I am not sure one that it matters and two that it is legal. If you check out the andersen site they go to great length to present a law known as Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. The claim on the site is that the hitch does not void any trailer manufacturer's warranty. In addition they provide a 5 million dollar supplemental warranty to the user.

According to a consumer alert issued by the FTC in 2011, “Simply using an aftermarket or recycled part does not void your warranty. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for companies to void your warranty or deny coverage under the warranty simply because you used an aftermarket or recycled part.”

I am going to have a product liability attorney look over the documentation and claims.
PNW Fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote