Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
dpam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10119
How do you attach pictures

A few members asked for copies of my customized bike carrier, but I don't know how to attach the pictures. Has anyone done this? Pls advise.

dpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Go to the home page of the Moc and there is a how to and directions to add pictures are there. It explains step by step directions. A little time consuming but works.
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
First step is that the photos cannot be too large.

Next step is that the photos must be stored in the cloud somewhere, Picasa, Flickr, someplace like that.

Next, you must know how to find the URL for the photo in the cloud that you want to attach.

Next, when you are posting or editing you need to be in the fancy smancy editing screen, the one with all the little happy faces and that kind of stuff.

Next, you will find on the second line of that fancy smancy screen something that says, FORMAT MODE, Basic. See that little pull down arrow thingy. Pull it down and go to PROMPT.

Next get that URL and now go to the third line FORMAT, almost all the way to the right, is a little yellow boxy looking thing. Click it open,and paste your URL into that address box.

Next, HIT Preview which is below the editing screen.

If it looks right and is not huge and more huge, Post it!

Have fun!

The directions on the Home page are for adding photos to your signature line. It says for adding to the forum post too, but, the information is not really there. That is a bit different than putting a photo in the text of your post.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:58 PM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
You can also go to Tinypic and follow the prompt, pick the second largest size.
Get back to us with any questions.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Carol, thanks for the explanation, but I've got to just use photo bucket. I've got that figured out, but I don't think Joyce wants to hear what would come out of my mouth trying to figure all that out.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:28 AM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Dick, you can use photobucket to store your photos.

Now, it is entirely possible that I do not understand this early AM while I am sipping on my coffee - -

SOOOO - -

Step by step Dick, step by step!

(My trick, I open two pages of the MOC and flip back and forth, that way I can keep the instructions open and work on the second page! I need all the help I can get! LOL)

My advice is that you learn to resize photos without the assistance of tinypic, etc. I don't know of one computer sold today, or camera that comes with its own software, that does not have basic photo editing. All software has a SAVE AS element, and that is where you can reduce the size of the photo dramatically and tell the photo where to store. It is very easy and usually only a few steps required. OHHH, be sure to save as with a NEW NAME!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #7
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Okay...I know this is an OLD post but I had to revive it to ask a question. I know how to resize my photos using either my camera or Picassa. Which I did prior to trying to place them into a thread. I resized them all to 640pixels. I also made sure the bytes size was less than the maximum. Then I followed the procedure to the letter, at least I think I did, and some one of my photos came up and the rest put a link into the thread instead. Then when I was PMing someone it posted two of the photos (same set of photos) and the rest it put links for. So MOC Geek Squad what am I doing wrong??? What should I check!

Thanks for the help and all that you do!
BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #8
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I posted what I believe to be the answer (missing IMG tags) in your other post.
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51015&whichpage=2

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:34 PM   #9
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
THANKS Carl! That was the problem. No [img][/img] at the beginning and end of the link which is weird because I added them all using the exact same sequence! Oh well...you learn something new everyday! Thanks again!
BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote