Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2008, 07:23 AM   #1
trfield58
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7109
Easy Set Remote Control System

I was hoping to get some information from anyone who has the Easy Set Remote system that comes on the new 10th Anniversary models. We just traded in the 2007 3600RE for a 2008 3605RL 10th Anniversary and I did not receive any documentation on the remote control unit. I went through the PDI with the tech but did not realize that when you turn the unit on and made your selection of which function to use, that it "timed out" after awhile and no longer would operate (except for scare light) until you opened the panel and switched it on again.. Any info would be appreciarted.

Thanks,
Tim

trfield58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:36 AM   #2
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
We didn't receive any information for the remote with ours either. The tech doing the PDI did know that the unit had a timer and would shut off but he didn't know what the button that controlled the scare light was for. I still prefer to be inside when operating the slides. I like to watch and listen for any problems, open doors or anything in the way of the sides.

How do you like your new 3605 otherwise. We really like all the new features on ours.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:30 PM   #3
trfield58
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7109
Nailbender, We LOVE the new 3605 (and all of the new features) I agree about operating the slides from the inside. My hope was that I could leave the remote switch in the awning position and always be able to extend or retract the awning with the remote.

Thanks, Tim
trfield58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:29 PM   #4
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
That time out mode was a bit annoying for me as, like Tim, I was thinking how great having the remote inside to control the awning at will and I really couldn't figure out just why they'd have made that happen. THEN I started thinking about what could possibly go wrong and think, MAYBE, the concern was that Mr. Murphy would get in the way as he is apt to do and while we THOUGHT the switch was on awning it MIGHT actually be on slides, or even the front stands (sorry can't think of the "techie" name right now) and thinking about the Monty doing a nose stand in the middle of a campground might bring a smile from a cartoon standpoint, actually having it happen is NOT funny at all! So I'm thinking it is just an additional safety feature to prevent slides or stands from being retracted or deployed inadvertantly.

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:04 PM   #5
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
It is a safety feature. You would not want to be driving down the road and push the button by accident and out goes the slides.
I have a different type of remote control on my unit. However when working with the person writing the software for it we decided after 30 seconds to always have it revert to the scare lights. That way the only thing that would happen would be the lights would come on.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:15 AM   #6
druryg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7984
Tim,

My dealer sent me the documents on the system. If you have an e-mail adress I will be glad to send them to you.
druryg is offline   Reply With Quote