Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2007, 10:20 AM   #1
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
tiny cracks in sink

Noticed some hairline cracks in the bottom of the kitchen sink (new one piece type). Two rings around the drain and then a bunch of fingers extending out from the drain. Underneath seems fine.

Anybody have a similar problem?

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:18 PM   #2
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Yes, we showed them to Darrel Turner at Service Center for the record, but chose not do anything about it unless they get worse, so far they have not. (They are barely visible, and then only in the right light).
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:29 PM   #3
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
We have a crack on the center area between the two sinks and it has not changed since it was new, over a year ago. Like OntMont it is barely visible in the right light.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 03:16 PM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There is a repair kit for the sink and the Counter tops. Got it from the service center.. Better way products, New Paris, Ind Phone # 574-831-3340,, The fumes are deadly . Have not been able to use the kit yet as I will need a respirator to apply it. Just opened the box it was shipped in and got sick from the fumes. It is labeled as a "Hazardous material."
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 03:17 PM   #5
dandt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7142
We noticed a small hairline crack between our two sinks also. Took it to the dealer for other work and they said that the counter top company could repair it with a sealer type product. Figured a new one might have more problems and for a fix they could deal with the odor!
dandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:08 AM   #6
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
I have noticed I have a crack in the edge of my counter top where it appears to be thin in the mold, the edge is thick and then gets thin and appears to bend, I was going to see if the top could be replaced, has any one thyed to remove the top?, it looks glued down. Rich The repair kit you got from the service center, did you need to go to the dealer first or did they send it on your request? Thanks

Bob
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:28 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The dealer was not involved. It shipped from the service center.The address and phone number in my post came from the paperwork inside the box. I say again..it is very bad stuff..toxic..the fumes are killers.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:55 PM   #8
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Sorry to hear about this problem. Is it leaking at all? I have been wondering how long a plastic sink will last.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:47 PM   #9
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Okie guy, I don't think they go all the way through the fiberglass. They are tiny cracks around the base almost superficial.

Anyway - sent pics to the dealer and they told me they need to order a replacement counter/sink assembly.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 04:29 AM   #10
gojodo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5540
We noticed the same thing after being out for a while. We stopped in at the dealer next to campers world in Salt Lake and were told that it was a warranty issue but if it was not causing any problems not to worry. So far no problems but we will have it checked out when we return home in November.

Dorothy
gojodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 08:04 AM   #11
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
Thanks Brad our sink is the same way now.....LOL Rich Thanks for the number will check into getting one of those kits. Maybe Home Depot will have a respirator for rent only question I have is can this be done in one day. Don't think I can get Gina to sleep in our motorcycle tent for a few nights. LOL

Hmmm maybe Ozz will figure out a way to install real granite counter tops and stainless steel sinks. Just as soon as he rebuilds the whole cabinet and then changes the whole suspension to hold the extra wieght........Not to mention the name of the whole rig...... Ozztana Not!!!

Haven't been around in a while but as per usual everyone here has helped once again with some issues I am having. Thanks everyone for the great help you have provided. MOCers are the BEST !!!
Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote