Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 11:24 AM   #1
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
March on Plomosa Road

Well, here we are, on the old stomping ground, and I don't see a Montana anywhere! Where is everybody? We are in the same area as our Jan. mini-rally but much closer to the road. The weather is beautiful, about 63'. I'd estimate the desert population at about 10% of the rigs that were here for the RV Show weekend. But there are enough neighbors around here to feel comfortable.

The roads to Parker are all closed because of an accident involving a tanker truck. They've been closed all day. It will put a dent in the Bluegrass Festival crowd there if they don't get it opened soon.

Dick and Toni plan to be here tomorrow night so we'll have our own mini-rally. Wish you were here, too!

Old 03-01-2007, 12:21 PM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
As I sit here and watch the rain coming down I am wishing we were there with you so we could finish that MT game we started.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:49 PM   #3
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
It must have been moving day for many today. We drove South on I-75 from Ocala to Tampa for the Strawberry Festival and in the first 70 miles I counted 11 Montanas going NORTH, Don't they know that it is snowing in that direction? The highway was really crowded with RV's

Helen
Old 03-01-2007, 01:29 PM   #4
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
YES!!!, we will there tomorrow mid afternoon. Reunion at Q. Sorry Doug that the rain has come your way.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:52 PM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We're looking forward to your arrival, Dick and Toni. We found three huge pieces of firewood that someone left just for us! It's beautiful out here now.

I've still got that score sheet, Doug. Ready to finish that game!

Strawberries sound wonderful, Helen. Hope you don't get any tornadoes like the ones that came through Alabama today. So sad. We saw a big increase in RVs on the road today, too.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:44 PM   #6
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
We stopped at Q on our way home too, and parked in the same area as the "rally". The population was greatly diminished too, and this was the first week of Feb. Enjoy the solitude Judy, and the sunsets. HOpe all is well at your house, in ALabama.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:55 AM   #7
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks, Sharon, for the good wishes. We are pretty sure that all is well at our home in Alabama. We kept in close touch yesterday with our daughter there. We're about 100 miles or so from the site of the high school where so many died. It was a very bad day. So sad.

I love it out here in the desert. It's a strange appeal, isn't it? After being in busy, busy Phoenix the peacefulness is addictive.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:51 AM   #8
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Judy,
Pam and Ray may still be there. They, however, are staying just south of town. What a surprise when we were passing close by Q on our way home. We stopped at the KOFA Café which is on Hwy 60 at the Vicksburg cutoff. As we were getting ready to go into the café who comes up and gives us hugs? Ray and Pam. They have been in Q this whole time. They are avid rock hounds so it has been great for them. We had lunch together and then went on our way. I do not remember exactly how long they were going to stay but it was a bit longer. What a small world.

Enjoy your wonderful trip and we'll see you later.

Dennis and Mary Kay and of course Bandit
Old 03-02-2007, 06:05 AM   #9
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Dennis, there is a Montana closest to us in this deserted neighborhood, but we haven't walked down to see who it is yet. We'll have to check it out. The weather is absolutely gorgeous today. No wind at all. This morning the moon looked more like the sun as it settled behind the mountain. I've got my eye on some firewood at our old campfire ring!

We may need to take a day trip to Bakersfield while we're at Seal Beach. It would be a nice day trip and Bandit is sure to give us a warm welcome!
Closed Thread