Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
Columbia Falls RV Park

We are thinking of staying at Columbia Falls RV Park in July. We are going to Glacier for a week.

Has anyone stayed there and what did you think of it?

Thanks,
Marge

mainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #2
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
It looks like it would be pretty nice. Its not to far from west glacier. You will enjoy this park.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
I read their park rules online and kind of intense I think. Maybe not a rigorous as it reads.
There are several parks closer to Glacier NP that you may also look into.
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #4
Farmhawk
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9080
It is a very nice park, stayed there for a few days last Sept.
Farmhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:56 AM   #5
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
Thanks for the information.

I thought it looked nice online, but sometimes it is deceiving. I just looked at RV reviews and it was rated pretty good.

I will have to look at the park rules, thanks for pointing that out. Will also check the parks that are closer to Glacier.

(Farmhawk) Thanks, it's good to know that someone else stayed there and liked it too.

Marge
Old 02-21-2013, 04:14 AM   #6
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
I just looked up this park, because we live in Montana and didn't know about it. It looks quite nice and we will add it to our places to stay the next time we head north to the Glacier area. Yep, the park rules for the place are fairly intense (perhaps some of them could have been stated in a more positive manner?). But, I bet that park is a clean and pleasant place to stay.

I totally agree that any park that has has so many detailed and marked-with-bolded-letters-and-highlighting rules doesn't seem too welcoming and may easily prevent a potential RVer from staying at that park. We stayed (once, never again) at Cascade Meadows RV Resort outside of Bend, Oregon, where we received an "intimidating park rules" welcome by a guy on a golf cart who seemed to do nothing but drive around and around, just waiting for someone to break a rule. That should have been a warning to us. Among other things, he told us that if we broke any rules, he'd "kick us out." After meeting him, we were ready to leave, that's how abrasive he was. We would have left right then, but we'd already paid and, of course, "No Refunds." (Ironically, one of the rules was DON'T DRIVE ON THE GRASS. Well, we wouldn't do that anyway, but guess what--the park, except for the road through it, is nothing but grass, including the sites--no gravel or concrete pad, nothing level--just grass.)

Carolyn
Park hosting at Matagorda Bay Nature Center RV Park, Matagorda TX
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:55 AM   #7
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
Hi Carolyn,

I too just looked at the rules and regulations on their website and most of them are common sense. Agree that they didn't have to be so bold and hi-lighted. It does make you wonder. Did another goggle search for campground reviews and they were rated pretty high, mostly 8's and 10's. Like the idea of a butcher right next store, able to walk in town if you want to, and a farmer's market on Thursdays too.

I looked at another campground too which sounded very nice (can't remember the name) but some people had complained about the trees and not being level on the campsites.

Will put my reviews online after our stay.

Marge

Old 02-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #8
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wayne and Carolyn Mathews

I just looked up this park, because we live in Montana and didn't know about it. It looks quite nice and we will add it to our places to stay the next time we head north to the Glacier area. Yep, the park rules for the place are fairly intense (perhaps some of them could have been stated in a more positive manner?). But, I bet that park is a clean and pleasant place to stay.

I totally agree that any park that has has so many detailed and marked-with-bolded-letters-and-highlighting rules doesn't seem too welcoming and may easily prevent a potential RVer from staying at that park. We stayed (once, never again) at Cascade Meadows RV Resort outside of Bend, Oregon, where we received an "intimidating park rules" welcome by a guy on a golf cart who seemed to do nothing but drive around and around, just waiting for someone to break a rule. That should have been a warning to us. Among other things, he told us that if we broke any rules, he'd "kick us out." After meeting him, we were ready to leave, that's how abrasive he was. We would have left right then, but we'd already paid and, of course, "No Refunds." (Ironically, one of the rules was DON'T DRIVE ON THE GRASS. Well, we wouldn't do that anyway, but guess what--the park, except for the road through it, is nothing but grass, including the sites--no gravel or concrete pad, nothing level--just grass.)

Carolyn
Park hosting at Matagorda Bay Nature Center RV Park, Matagorda TX
We stayed at Cascade Meadows a couple of years ago....did not run into the cowboy you did. Worked well for a stopover.
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #9
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
The West Glacier KOA worked well for us in June of 2012, and is is near the entrance to the park. It is well managed, clean and attractive along with a very friendly staff and good quality facilities.
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #10
tanner1070
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11365
Looks very nice. I find most of the time these rules are just to protect the park and the other folks camping from those really annoying campers. Most of us follow the rules naturally without being told. I stayed at a park near there that I would go back to in a minute. It was called Mountain Meadows. It is a little more spread out and less like a parking lot. Check it out. http://www.mmrvpark.com/
tanner1070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #11
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tanner1070

Looks very nice. I find most of the time these rules are just to protect the park and the other folks camping from those really annoying campers. Most of us follow the rules naturally without being told. I stayed at a park near there that I would go back to in a minute. It was called Mountain Meadows. It is a little more spread out and less like a parking lot. Check it out. http://www.mmrvpark.com/
Mountain Meadows looks very nice. No problems with your slides and the trees?
Old 02-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #12
tanner1070
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11365
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mainer

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tanner1070

Mountain Meadows looks very nice. No problems with your slides and the trees?
No problem at all with room for the slides. Many of the sites you can't even see the other rigs. I think might site must have been more than a quarter acre.
tanner1070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:04 AM   #13
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
Another one to look into. We stay here in the summers:

http://www.northamericanrvpark.com/index.htm
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:26 AM   #14
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
Spent a week at Mountain Meadows and would stay again if in the area. Taking a walk in this park is like hiking on some nature trail. Close to everything and nice host.
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:12 AM   #15
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
Stayed three days while we visited the Glacier Natl. Park. Would stay there again.
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #16
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
Thanks for all of the responses and the other suggestions too. It's nice to have so many options.

I am so anxious to have our travels begin!!!