Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2008, 02:29 PM   #1
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
RV Park near El Paso

On our way to Carlsbad Caverns, the El Paso area looks to be about half way. Can anyone recommend a place to stay in the El Paso area? We have never been to the area.

Grant aka BirdingRVer

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:21 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Grant,

I can't tell you anything about parks in El Paso but you might want to consider staying in Las Cruces. We spent about 10 days there last year. We stayed at a park not too far from downtown. I believe it was Shady ???? I'll have to look it up. Nice sites. Nothing fancy but nice large sites. We had a back in but they have a lot of pull thrus. And we looked at a couple of other parks.... They were all pretty nice.

On your question about Carlsbad area. There is a CG in the Park but I don't think they have hookups. There is a park very near the entrance to the park entrance. I think things are listed under Whites City. I've not stayed in the area but have read a lot of reports. If I remember correctly reports about the park were very good.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:27 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
There are several in both El Paso, and Las Cruces. I have not stayed at any of them. If the post on Carlsbad was helpful, I can do the same for Las Cruces and El Paso.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:57 PM   #4
msmoonsatx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6700
We have stayed in both Las Cruces and El Paso. In El Paso we stayed at Mission RV Park on I 10 on the east side of the city. Sites were all gravel (no grass) indoor pool (closed on the day we were there). There is not much else in El Paso. In Las Cruces we stayed at the KOA. If I had a preference, I would stay in Las Cruces.

msmoonsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:15 AM   #5
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
I also have stayed at Mission R V Park in El Paso, fairly easy in and out, O K for over night. IMHO
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:39 PM   #6
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
Saw two RV parks in El Paso, stayed at one, not impressed with either. I'd look elsewhere.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:49 PM   #7
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
We stayed at the Harcindia(sp) in Las Cruses. New, very clean and a great place. Right on I-10 as you come into town from the west. It is on the south side of the interstate. We'd stay there again.
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #8
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
There is a Camping World at Mile Post 1 into Texas on HWY 10, above El Paso and below Las Cruses, that has a RV Park. I think the rate was about $25 a night and they had signs that its OK to wash the TV and rig there. No trees, stone drives and sites. Coming from El Paso get off exit 3 and follow the frontage road to it, coming from Las Cruses, get off at exit 0 take the frontage road about 1 1/2 miles to the underpass then the frontage road back to the CG.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:39 AM   #9
janefromtexas
Established Member

M.O.C. #6975
I would ditto the Hacienda recommendation in Las Cruces. It's new and has nice wide sites. We really enjoyed visiting Old Mesilla too. We've been through El Paso numerous times and haven't had much luck there. One time we stayed at Roadrunner. It was tolerable for overnight...but just barely. We just try to avoid staying overnight there now.
janefromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:18 PM   #10
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
We stayed at the Escapee Park in Deming and then decided to drive straight through to Carlsbad about 280 miles the longest day we have ever pulled the trailer.
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:59 AM   #11
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
We're at the Camping World campground right now en route to the Spring Rally in Tucson. It's touted as an "emergency stayover" campground with emergency problems diagnosed within 30 minutes (of course that doesn't include after hours (CW closed at 6 yesterday (Sat) and the service department is closed on Sun.). Everyone's welcome, however. There are NO amenities (no pools, no park area, no grass, no trees, no dog walk or dog run with grass, TV reception is poor, cable service is practical non-existent, etc.) It is, however, a good overnight stay for $25. Large, long pull-through spaces with full hookups (3 sewer hookups per space to accomodate those RVs with their drains in strange places. There are LOTS of spaces - there's nobody near us for at least 10 spaces on either side and about 6 down on either row from us. We'll certainly consider this when "just passing through" again - easy on, easy off, gas stations down the road in either direction, and a CW to spend more $$$ !
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:14 AM   #12
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
VanMan,

What town and state would that CW be located in? They charge you $25 per night?! With nothing but a parking lot? Perhaps I'm misreading something. But at least they weren't crowded.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:28 AM   #13
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Hamrad, Mile Post 1 into Texas on HWY 10, above El Paso and below Las Cruses. Look at my post above for more info on location, I think the town is Anthony.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote