Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2007, 02:46 PM   #1
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Monthly Rate - Credit Ap?

In the past when we stayed at campgrounds for an extended time, they requested a credit ap. Knowing that we may do this several times a year and that each inquiry affects your credit score, I am concerned. How many full timers or long timers have had this situation? BTW we now have our official SD address!!!! It is getting closer.
Happy trails..............................

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:54 PM   #2
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
I have never been asked nor would I ever fill out a credit app. for a stay at any campground.
Bill
William H. Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:07 PM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
We did a credit app at our winter campground in Florida. We are leasing our site by the year and will be starting our 3rd year this winter. The credit app helps keep out the riff raff.
In no way did this credit app even appear on our credit report and in no way did it effect either Lorraine's credit score or mine.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:41 PM   #4
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Never had to do this in 3 years now. DW was in the credit racket for 25+ years. She says we will move on if that happens.
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:00 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Gee, I guess I am really stupid for bring this up. Let me re-emphasize what I was talking about. The inquiry only appears on the credit report as an inquiry and would only affect your rating if there were numerous inquiries. This would be the case for someone who moves about every 2 or 3 months not someone who is leasing for a year or more. Sometimes when you fill out an ap, the receiver looks it over and determines there is no inquiry needed but others send them all in. I didn't fall off of the turnip truck.
Happy trails...............................I think
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:39 AM   #6
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Sue,

As a consumer, I think you have a legitimate concern. Each of those credit inquiries are recorded, and they do impact your score. The amount if impact is of course based on the volume of inguiries over time. Never the less, there is an impact regardless of what folks are guessing might be the right answer. You can read the facts online under any of the big three credit bureaus.

Requiring a credit report only serves the campground, and allows them to move some of the burden and risk they should accept as a legitimate business owner to you, as an innocent consumer. The campground has everything to gain, at your expense. It will continue to impose on us, as long as we continue to accept it as a normal practice. If you are in a posiition to tell them no - I would do so, adding where exactly you believe they can shove thier request.

To me - "riff-raff" is in the eye of the beholder, and could quite possibly be defined as those consumers that accept being subjected to this personal and invasive inquiry as a condition for contract.

JMHO
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 03:20 AM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I should also explain that this is the only time I have been asked for a credit app from a campground and it was due to the yearly lease agreement. We pay our lease on a monthly basis. Seeing as we have very good credit and everything on the app appeared to be in order it is quite possible our app never left the office.
Having said that, There is no way I would fill out any credit app for anything shorter than a year lease. That would be way to invasive, none of their business and YES I would move on.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:05 AM   #8
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
If they want a credit application from me, they don't want my money!

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:35 AM   #9
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
My logic tells me that if a business is receiving payment for services in advance of delivery, they have no reason to ask for a credit report. All these campgrounds have you pay in advance, so what is their risk? The exception would be a long term lease as Glenn described. Conclusion (at least mine): No risk-no credit report.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:00 AM   #10
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Been camping/RVing since 1972,

NEVER have been asked for credit check.

If asked, we would probably go elsewhere.

That said, we have never signed year lease. We have booked for 3 months and not been asked.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:53 AM   #11
lawrenceb42106
Montana Master

M.O.C. #45
We booked for 5 months and never asked for a report. If they wanted a credit report on us we will move on.
lawrenceb42106 is offline   Reply With Quote