Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 07:44 AM   #1
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thar they go!

What a beautiful sight! Six Monties pulled out this morning, headed for the Organ Pipe area. The big red truck is leading the way. Traffic will move out of her way for sure! Three more rigs will join the group in Ajo and we'll have another mini-rally. Wish y'all were here. It's 70' and sunny, sunny, sunny.

http://i14.tinypic.com/29kw3us.jpg

Old 01-25-2007, 08:16 AM   #2
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Judy, when we stayed at Organ Pipe NP last year I thought the sunset was beautiful but it was nothing compared to the sunrise the next morning. Don't miss it. Awesome.

Helen
Old 01-25-2007, 08:56 AM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sunrise isn't hard to do out here....it's about 7:40 a.m.! Thanks for the hint, Helen. Hope you're enjoying Florida.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:33 AM   #4
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Judy, if you have pics of the park, we would really like to see some of them. By the way, thanks for sending me the pic with bandit. Tell us about the caravan adventure too.
Joy
Old 01-28-2007, 04:48 AM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Joy, glad you got that cute picture of you and Bandit. The gang is moving on today to Benson where they will stay a few days and see the sights. The park where we are staying is called Shadow Ridge, a nice park, pretty typical though, so I haven't taken pictures. The National Park campgrounds look pretty nice as far as where they sit against the side of the mountain. But I don't think they have many hookups. Here are some links to the surround area which is desert and cacti on the right and cacti and desert on the left. Very pretty but very desert. The neatest thing we experienced was the visit from a family of flickers who were trying to get us to share our picnic lunch.

http://i13.tinypic.com/2mi4743.jpg
http://i10.tinypic.com/2z4y6g6.jpg
http://i3.tinypic.com/40o58xh.jpg
Old 02-01-2007, 03:02 PM   #6
therebnme
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4092
Judy, Those are great photos. Mine aren't near as good. Guess I'll have to study the camera directions again.
Shirley
Old 02-01-2007, 05:05 PM   #7
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Judy,

Thanks for sharing the pictures!! Now, Enquiring Minds want to know. In the second picture I see a ranger's hat on a stone with a plaque and flowers around it. Is that some sort of memorial?? Sorry, curiosity got the best of me!
Old 02-01-2007, 05:47 PM   #8
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Very observant, Lamar. It is a memorial for a young Border Patrol officer who died defending some of the visitors to the Organ Pipe National Monument. The ranger's hat is actually formed of a concrete like material. They had his picture there and someone had laid a metal on the memorial for him.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:57 AM   #9
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Good job, Judy. Thanks for sharing. I was curious, too, re. hat and memorial, so thanks for the explanation. Very nice. Loved the flicker pic!
Old 02-02-2007, 08:25 AM   #10
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
thanks for the pics Judy! ya'll looking good there, but tell me ....is it hard to circle those montys in case of an injun attack? lol!!
Old 02-02-2007, 12:31 PM   #11
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Those eleven big Monties scared all the injuns away! They gave us nary a hair of trouble. Matter of fact, we didn't see any elephants, martians, cowboys, or rattlesnakes. It was quite a sight!

Y'all come next year. There's plenty of room to make the circle bigger and lots of shopping to do. Great campfires. Only one problem...Glen and I are scheduled for Florida! Not much room to circle the wagons down there.
Closed Thread